Chapter 29

Catherine's point of view

When I woke up, it wasn't noon, hell, it wasn't even sun up. I searched for my phone and yanked my hand back as I realized what I grabbed, was not my phone. A whimper was heard and I got up.  Okay...ew. And the worst part was, I have no idea who I just grabbed.

I checked my pockets and sure enough, my phone was in my butt pocket. I turned it on and the clock read five am. I sighed and stuffed it back in my pocket. I was still in my outfit from last night, so I just touched around the couch until I felt a flannel like material and pulled it on.

It felt a little too big to be mine, but I didn't care. I just wanted a long sleeve to wear so I don't freeze outside. I walked to my room and turned on the light.

I grabbed my headphones and a hair tie. I put my hair in a messy ponytail and put my headphones on after plugging them into my phone. I then slipped on a pair of Vans and walked out of my room. I went to the front door and without a second thought, I walked out, shutting the door behind me.

Normally, I hate being up so early but when I wake up like this I almost never go back to sleep, so I thought 'fuck it'. I did this a few times before, late night (or really early) walks around.

I turned my phone on and put my playlist on. The song 'A Daydream Away' by All Time Low played and I turned it up. I loved Alex's voice more than I loved myself. He's my husband and we are going to have the best pop punk babies ever.

I sighed happily and smiled as the song played. I walked around, enjoying the peace I had. It gives me time to think, however, thinking isn't always the best late at night.

I looked down and kicked a pebble further into the side walk. I hummed along to the song and then looked back up. There were a few cars out and a few people out.

Somehow, I ended up at the park me and Kelsey would always go to during high school. We'd sit on the swings and talk about cute boys, cute band members, cute clothes. If it could be classified as cute, it was probably brought up.

I took a seat on the swing, shivering a bit as I wrapped my hand around the cold metal chains. I sat there quietly and looked up. I could see the moon and the stars clearly. It was a beautiful sight.

I took my headphones odf and kept them around my neck. Gerard Way's voice boomed through them, piercing the silence. I leaned back and slowely started swinging, causing a now creaking sound to fill the air.

"Would you be the savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned?" his voice rang out. I sighed and shook my head. I can't believe they broke up, they were, and still are, one of my favorite bands.

"You listen to them?" Someone asked and I almost flew out of the swing. "Sorry I scared you, I was just wondering."

"Dammit," I said as I stopped the swing. I looked to my left and under the moonlight, I could see it was a boy. "You scared me,"

"I apologize," he said and took a seat in the swing next to me. "What are you doing here so late? Or early. Whichever term you prefer to use."

"I needed some fresh air and time to think and sort my feelings out." I said truthfully and he nodded. "Why are you up?"

"I needed to get out of the house. I couldn't stay in there any longer or I'd go crazy." he said and I nodded.

"What's wrong?" I asked him and realized he probably didn't want to answer since I was a stranger. "Sorry, I-"

"My parents were fighting again," he said and I nodded. "I don't know how it started, but as soon as I heard glass crashing, I jumped out of the window and left."

"Oh," I said. "Well, I'm sorry to hear and I'm sure things will get better soon. Nothing lasts forever after all." I told him and he nodded.

"Yeah, I guess." he said. "Thanks," he told me and I nodded. "What about you? What thoughts and what feelings?"

I hesitated before I answered since he was a stranger, but I wasn't going to see him again, so what's the harm in it? And besides, I need to get some things off of my chest.

"I think I'm in love with my ex all over again and he's leaving on...vacation soon and we can't do anything about it. He said when timing's right, but what if it'll never be?" I said and looked at him.

"You can't be certain if it will ever be right. You have to wait. When he comes back, if you still really want to be together, you'll try." he said and I nodded.

"Thanks," I told him. "And as for thoughts, I was just thinking about everything ya know? The past. The future. What if's. Things like that."

"The past is haunting," he said and I nodded. "But you can't change it, so the most you can do is forget it or only go back to the good times. The future is uncertain. Live life in the now."

I nodded and se sat in silence. Soon, Blink-182's 'Stay Together For The Kids' blasted out of my headphones. "I'm Catherine," I said and looked at him.

"Josh," he said and in the now rising sun light, I saw him smile. I took in his appearance, but my eyes locked on to his wrist. Millions of bracelets covered them and I saw a few pinkish lines.

"Things will get better," I told him with a small sad smile. "Trust me, everything will get better. Nothing lasts forever, so this pain is just temporary. You'll be okay, I promise." I said and he looked down as he realized what I said. He fixed his bracelets so they were covering the marks and looked back up at me.

He had long brown hair and emerald green eyes. He was also very skinny, he seemed skinnier than I was. He had a pair of skinny jeans on and a black short sleeved shirt. He wore a black beanie and had the same color complexion as Ashton did.

"Aren't you cold?" I asked him and he shook his head. "You're lying, you have goosebumps all over your arms." I said as I took off the flannel I was wearing.

I handed it to him but he shook his head. "You'll be cold." he told me and looked at me. "It's fine,"

"I'll be fine. I'm more worried about you." I said and he was quiet. He took it from me slowly and put it on.

"Aren't you that one band member's sister?" he asked me as he looked me up and down. "C-Calum? Calum's sister right?" he asked and I looked down.

Do I say yes? Do I say no?

"I won't tell anyone, I really have no one to tell. I just saw it on tv one day." he told me and I nodded. "You were lying across four dudes laps and you guys laughed a lot."

"Yeah," I said. "I am. And I think you're wearing his blue flannel." I said and he looked down. We chuckled a bit and it stopped once a new song began playing.

"I love this song," he told me and I agreed. "And the band. They've helped me through a lot. A lot of bands have, but they are my favorite."

"Bring Me The Horizon?" I asked him and he nodded. "You remind me of Oli," I said and he looked at me. "Just, tattooless, and younger." I said and he looked down.

"Everything I loved," he said and before he could say the next line, I did.

"Became everything I lost," I finished and he gave me a small sad smile. We sat in silence, just listening to the music booming out of my headphones until I spoke up minutes later.

"Would you like to get some coffee? Or anything else if you don't drink coffee." I said and he thought about it. "Sun is up, so there should be some places open."

"Yeah, sounds fun." he said and nodded. "I'll go."

It may not seem like it, but Josh is an important character in the book. Can you guys guess why? I'll tell you if you're hot or cold. xx