Chapter 15

Cat's point of view

Jesus. I wasn't exactly ready to see the people who put me up for adoption. I don't think I'll ever be ready. But I have too see them sometime. Better sooner than later, right?

"I'll uh, I'll follow you," I said to Calum and he nodded. I grabbed the keys to my mum's car and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "See you soon mum," I said and she nodded.

"Have fun," she told me and I noded. She handed me a white cardigan and I grabbed it. "And don't give them a hard time," she said and I nodded.

I waalked out if the house with Calum and we separated into different cars. "It's quite far from here, so don't loose me," he said and I nodded.

"Aye aye captain," I said and he laughed. I unlocked the car and got in. I quickly adjusted everything for myself and then waited to follow Calum to his parents' house.

Our parents' house.

• • • • • •

"Just be yourself." Calum told me as we walked up to the door. I nodded and he opened the front door. "Mum? Dad? Mali? I'm home," he called out and I heard gasps.

"Calum?" I heard someone call out and soon I saw a pretty girl come running in. "I haven't seen you in forever baby bro," she said and Calum as engulfed in a hug. "And who is this?" she asked.

"I'm Catherine," I said with a smile. I held my hand out and she shook it.

"I love your outfit," she commented. "It's so cute," she said as she looked me up and down.

"Thanks," I said. I would have said the same but she was in sweats and a tank-top. It wouldn't be right at all.

"Oh, I'm not dressed up at all," she said with a laugh. "No need to return to compliment," she said and I nodded.

"Come on, mum and dad are in the kitchen, their too busy to come and greet you guys." she said. "You're his girlfriend?" she asked me as Calum went and ran to his parents.

"Oh god no," I said with a laugh. "He's a great guy, but dating him would be like dating my brother," I said, which was true. Actually, I literally would be dating my brother.

"Ah you're a friend," she said and I nodded. "He's a handful, if I wasn't his sister, I wouldn't date him either. I don't know why millions of girls wanna," she joked and I laughed as I nodded.

"Cat! Come here, meet mum and dad," Calum called and I walked over. I smiled shyly as Mali lead me to the kitchen. Calum's mum gasped as she looked at me.

"Wait, what's going on?" Mali asked as Calum's dad whispered something to his mum. "I'm confused," she said and I bit my lip.

"My baby," Calum's mum said as she walked up to me. She grabbed my arms and gave me a teary eyed smile. "Look at you, you're so big," she said and I chuckled.

"Eighteen years does that to you," I said and she covered her mouth with one hand. "Calum told you already I suppose?" I said and she nodded.

"Im so sorry," she told me as she hugged me. I hugged her back and looked at Calum, who smiled. I don't know what to do. What do I do?

"I didn't want to, but we didn't have the money to give you a life you deserved." she said and I rubbed her back.

"It's-It's fine." I said. "There was no harm done. I-I understand," I said and Mali still looked confused.

"Mali," Calum's mum said and she hummed. "This, This is your little sister, remember?" she asked and Mali stood next to Calum. "David, come here," she said and Calum's dad walked over.

"Look at you, you're so beautiful," he said as Calum's mum let go. "I'm sorry we put you up for adoption, you needed things we couldn't provide. We wanted you to have a happy life,"

"I know, I understand." I said. "It's fine really, you guys don't need to apologize," I told them and looked at Calum. "I'm sorry, I kind of took your parents away from you." I told him and he shurgged.

"They haven't seen me in months yeah, but they haven't seen you since you were a baby." he told me and I nodded.

"Come on," his mum said and pulled away.  "I need to finish cooking dinner. You, Mali, and Calum go hang out in the living room. I'll talk to you some more at dinner," she said and I nodded.

"Of course," I said and they let go of me. Mali walked over and grabbed my hand. "Erm Calum, come on, you can't cook so I don't think you're needed in the kitchen," I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Come on, we need to talk, all three of us." Mali said and she grabbed Calum's wrist aswell.

"What's with people and grabbing my wrist? I'm gonna have red marks there," he said as Mali walked us to the living room.

"How did you two even find each other?" she asked as we took a seat on the couch. "I looked forever and couldn't find you," she said ad she looked at me.

"Mum and dad told me about her and I asked what adoption center and it kind of went off from there ya know?" Calum said and she nodded.

"And he showed up at my house at like nine am, forcing me to get out of my bed and talk to them. I didn't know who he was or what he wanted, but once I saw all four of them at my house, I was like, 'that's the band 500 years of winter' or some shit." I said and she nodded.

"Then he started saying I was his sister and he showed me that his, our parents signed my birth certificate. We hung out after that and have since that day." I said with a shrug.

"Wow," she said as she looked at me. "Last I saw you, you were a baby and you were wrapped up in this pale pink blanket in the hospital." she said and I blushed.

"Her adoptive parents are cool. And damn can her mum cook. She made this lasagne the other night and it was like a mouth orgasm." he said and I laughed.

"He didn't say that in front of them did he?" Mali asked me and I shook my head. "That would be so embarrassing." she told me and I agreed.

"But they tried getting my mum to go on tour with them as a personal chef but me and my dad would not have that." I said and she laughed.

"You're horrible Cal," she said and he shrugged. "How was life with your adoptive parents?"

"It was fine. I grew up fine, expect for the fact I'm so damn tall. I should have drank more coffee as a little girl." I said and she shook her head.

"School?"

"I'm done with it. I was able to skip the last year so I did. I graduated early." I said and she nodded.

"Calum here just dropped out," she said and I nodded.

"I know, my best friend told me, she's a huge fan of 5 Seconds Of Summer." I said. "Like, she talks about them all the time and since their whole fandom knows he dropped out, I do too."

"The day after we met, we had pulled her and her friend along to a concert. And she was wearing our merch," Calum said and I rolled my eyes.

"I told you, it was Kelsey's! She made me wesr it because we were going to your concert so I had to wear your merch." I huffed and he laughed.

"Whatever," he said and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Kids, come eat," I heard his, our mum call out.

I got to get used to the fact she is my mother aswell.