Chapter 6

Catherine's Point of View

"Hey Catherine," I heard someone say. "Calum called. He asked if you wanted to hang out with him and the boys. They're off today."

"Sure, when is he coming by?" I asked my mum, since she was the one calling me. "And what are we gonna do?"

"He said he'll stop by in maybe ten minutes and that you're just gonna hang out in his hotel room." she said and I nodded. Wait, she can't see me, stupid Cat.

"Okay!" I yelled. "Dad, have you seen my phone?" I asked him, remembering I lost it earlier.

"Uh no, try calling it." He said and I looked at him as if he was stupid. "What?"

"Because I didn't think of that." I said sarcastically. "It's on vibrate since I always get tired of hearing it ring."

"That's your fault." he said and I rolled my eyes. "It's your phone, not mine."

"How helpful, wow, number one dad everybody." I said and he smiled at me.

"I know, put it on a coffee mug will ya?" he said and I chuckled. He's almost as sassy as I am, almost, but not quite. "But seriously, you better find it. I'm not letting you leave with boys I don't know, with out it."

"But I went with them before, the day they came over." I said confused.

"But you had your phone so you can call me. Now that you don't, you can't call. So find it or you can't go." he said and I nodded. Sheesh, its like he thinks they're rapists or murderers.

"Okay," I said and lifted up the couch cushion. Nope. I looked under the couch. Nothing. I checked my pockets. Zip. I checked the other couches. Nada.

"Cat, here's your phone. You left it on the kitchen table." I heard my mum say. I looked up and she held my phone out. I grabbed it and she shoo'ed me off to my room. "He'll be here in like eight minutes, and you take forever to get dressed, so go."

There are two types of people in the world. There's people such as my dad, then there's people such as my mum. Either very protective, or 'I-don't-care' attitudes. And they both really suck, especially if you put them together.

I looked down at the phone in my hand, and rolled my eyes. I need to hook up a damn bracelet to this so I don't lose it as easily, but even then, I still might lose it. Which is very, very sad. I walked to my room, shutting the door behind me.

I went to my closet, picking out an outfit. Dark blue skinny jeans, dark grey shirt with Mickey Mouse on it, a denim vest, and a pair of black converse I quickly stripped down, tripping as I pulled stepped out of my shorts.

"Motherfucker," I grumbled, throwing the shorts in a bucket besides the wall. I grabbed the skinny jeans and pulled them on, careful not to fall. I picked up the shirt and put it on aswell.

I went to my nightstand and grabbed a pair of socks. I plopped myself down on the bed and pulled them on. After I put my socks on, I pulled my shoes on and quickly laced them up. I stood up and walked to the bathroom.

"Calum is here!" I heard my mum yell. God damn, was that eight minutes already? I yelled back an 'okay' and grabbed my brush. I brushed my hair, fixed my bangs, and left it as is.

I put a bit of make-up on, trying to hide some of my ugliness. As soon as I finished, I put on my silver infinity ring and a silver watch. I put a pair of sapphire earrings on and a few charm bracelets, and that was it. I walked out of the bathroom and picked up the denim vest. I put it on and then grabbed my wallet, putting some money in my pocket before I walked out.