Chapter 39

DO NOT LISTEN TO WHEREVER YOU ARE WHILE YOU READ THIS, I LEARNED THAT THE HARD WAY. IT WILL KILL YOU.

Catherine's point of view

Today was the day I've been dreading ever since I became friends with the boys. Today was the day they were leaving for months to live their dreams.

I stood with Kelsey and Josh at my house and my parents were going to meet us at the airport, along with the boy's' families. The boys were walking up the driveway right now and I was literally in tears. "I'm sorry Cat," Calum said and I shrugged.

I ran up to him and gave him a hug. "You're living your dream, don't be sorry. I knew this was going to happen." I said and pulled away. "I'll see you after tour though, right? You'll call, text, skype, face time, everything me whenever you can?"

"Of course little one," he said and smushed my hair on my head. "We all will. This isn't goodbye, it's a see you later. We'll see you again soon."

I nodded and then gave Ashton a hug. "I'll be back soon Cat, sooner than you know. I promise." He said and kissed my head. "Just don't forget about our personal promises."

"Never," I told him and he nodded. "Promise me you won't forget?" I asked him and held my pinky out. He intertwined our pinky's and promised me.

I moved on to Michael and he picked me up. "I'll miss you so much Cat." He said and I hugged him back. "I'll have to stick with these dweebs now. I like you more than them." He said and I laughed.

"I'll miss you Mikey," I said. "And I like you more than them too. You're my buddy. Mr. Clifford, promise me you'll keep in touch with me."

"Got it Mrs. Clifford," he said and I laughed, remembering the interview as if it yesterday. "You can't get rid of me that easily."

He set me down and I stood next to Luke. He was so much taller than me. "I'll see you soon squirt," he said and I pouted at the nickname. "I'll also miss you Cat." He said and hugged me.

I hugged him back and nuzzled my face in his chest. "I'll miss you too breadstick," I said and he laughed. "You suck, remember that." I said and he nodded.

"You suck too," he told me and I nodded. We pulled away and I smiled. Josh and Kelsey were giving them each 'see you later's and 'I miss you's.

I wipped my tears away and then Calum gave me a side hug as we finished all our hugs. "Airport time?" I asked him sadly and he nodded.

"Unfortunately,"

-

I stood with all the parents and my friends as the boys out their luggage in the conveyor belt. I ran up to them and gave them all one last hug.

"I'll miss you idiots so much," I cried as I hugged them all. They gave me a group hug and we ignored all the screaming fans. "God, this is harder than I thought it'd be." I said.

"We'll see you guys soon. Promise. I'll call you as soon as we land." Calum said and I nodded. "Skype call. Is that better? We'll skype as soon as we land."

"Yeah," I said and nodded. "That'd be better. A lot better." I told him and he nodded.

"Don't let fame get to your heads. When you guys come back I expect the same guys who left, and Michael with a full head of hair. Watch him boys." I said and they laughed.

"We have to go now," Luke said sadly and I smiled sadly. "It won't be long. We'll be back before you can say 'they left'." Luke told me and I nodded.

"I need to say one last thing to her, you guys go." Calum said and they nodded. They walked away and Calum stood in front of me.

"The past month has been amazing and it's all because of you, the little sister who had been a secret kept from me for far too long." He said and I smiled.

"This past month has been the best month of my life because of you and the band. Besides what happened to my dad, that was terrible and I wish it never happened." I said and he laughed. "I'll see you soon Calum, the plane is about to leave. I don't want you to miss it."

"I'll see you soon too," he said and we shared one last hug. While he was walking back Ashton came running out. He gave me one last hug and whispered in my ear.

"It will always be you, remember that." He said and I nodded, a smile on my face as butterflies filled my stomach. "Only you,"

"The plane is leaving Ash, I don't want you to miss it." I said and he nodded. I smiled sadly as he left and then sighed. I turned around and shook my head.

I wanted to say it back, I really did, but I couldn't. It didn't feel right. I don't know. Maybe because I liked someone else or maybe because I knew he was lying. I know he'd find someone prettier, funnier, nicer, and less immature. Some better than me overall.

I walked up to my friends and they smiled sadly at me. I looked up with them and wiped my eyes as tears fell freely.

"They left..."