Chapter 14

Calum's point of view

"Cat," I said as I knocked on her door. "It's Calum." I said, not knowing if she could identify who it was by my voice or not.

"Uh, just a sec-second Cal. I'm uh, I'm not decent." I jeard her say and I furrowed my eyebrows. She didn't sound normal. Like, her voice was croaky.

I waited a few minutes until she opened up and gave me a smile. Her eyes were pink and her cheeks were pink aswell. "What-What do you need?" she asked.

"What's wrong?" I asked slightly worried and she shook her head. "Something's wrong Cat, what's wrong?" I asked again and she shook her head.

"You can trust me, I'm your brother." I said. It felt weird saying that, but it was the truth. "I won't tell. Just tell me." I said and a tear slipped from her eye.

She opened her mouth to say something and them shut it. "Just-Just come in." she said and opened the door wider. I walked in and she shut the door.

"Now what's bothering you so much? Maybe I can help." I said and she took a seat on her bed.

"You're uh fans know you guys are hanging out with me and Kelsey." she answered and I nodded. "And they're not very happy with it." she said with a laugh. It was forced, you could tell.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. "Don't listen to them." I said as I walked over to her. I took a seat next to her and wrapped my arms around her. "They're just jealous."

"Of what?" she asked.

"You actually get to hang out with us," I said and she laughed. "Hate, it's inevitable. You can't get away from it ya know? You just gotta ignore it. You have family and friends to help you through it. You have music to help you forget about it."

"I'll tweet a few things and all that. I can stop a bit of it, but I can't stop it all." I said and she nodded. "And besides, who cares what others say? All that matters, is how you see yourself."

"They're just so rude, but some are so nice. I don't even know how they figured out my twitter and instagram. I don't even think you've ever mentioned me anywhere." she said and I sighed.

"Fangirls can do anything." I said. "And the fans hating on you, aren't fans of mine. The 5sosfam won't hate on the people we love. I know they wouldn't." I said.

"Thanks," she said and I nodded. "Not for dragging me into all this, but for caring about it." she said and I nodded.

"Of course, little one." I said and she laughed. "All better?" I asked and she nodded as she wiped her eyes.

"What did you come to my house for?" she asked me. "Surely I'm not that loud at crying that you heard me from your hotel room." she said and I chucked.

"Just got back from a cocnert and thought I'd drop by and ask you something." I said and she motioned for me to continue. "We leave for tour in a few weeks and you've never properly met our parents and Mali." I said.

"I don't think they'd wanna see me." she said. "I mean, after all, they did put me up for adoption."

"Don't say that. I'm sure mum and dad would love to see how you've turned out. How their daughter grew up. And if they don't, you always have me and Mali. She'd love to meet you." I said.

"Mali? This girl on your arm." she said as she tapped my tattoo of mu sistr's name. "Sister right?" she asked and I nodded.

"Yeah," I said and she nodded. "So, I wanna gonna stop by their house, my house, tomorrow, wanna come with?" I asked her and she thought about it for a few seconds.

"Yeah," she said as she sat up. "I'd love to see them." she said. "But what do I wear?"

"Whatever you want, as long as it is appropriate." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"What's inappropriate in their eyes idiot?" she asked me and I laughed.

"Glad you're feeling better," I said. "But inappropriate is like, just don't show too much skin or wear too much make-up."

"Ya know what?" she asked as she stood up. "Help me pick an outfit for tomorrow." she said as she grabbed my wrist.

"I thought I was shit at fashion?" I asked as I stood up. "I thought you didn't like the way I dress."

"I like the way you dress, but the holes the size of my fist ruin it." she said as she opened her closet and I laughed. "Jeans, dress, skirt, or shorts?" she asked and I shurgged.

"Uh," I said looked through her closet. "This is nice," I said grabbing a dress. It was white and lacy on the top and navy blue on the bottom.

"Duh, I bought it. My whole wardrobe is either cute, sexy, or lazy." she told me and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay," I said and she took the dress from my hands. "Jesus, you're sassier than my whole band and I combined."

"Thanks Cal." she said as she grabbed the dress and hung it up. "Now shoes,"

"Why are you picking your outfit a day ahead? Can't you do it tomorrow? Like an hour before we leave?" I asked.

"Obviously you don't know me," she said as she bent down and grabbed a pair of sandles out. "If it's important, I always pick my outfit out a day ahead. Like fangirls and their concert outfits." she said.

"It's stupid. Just pick an outfit on that day." I said.

"You don't understand." she said as she stood up. "You're a boy. You just pick a shirt, shoes, and pants. Girls have dresses and skirts and shorts and crop tops and tank tops and various kinds of shoes to pick from." she said.

I rolled my eyes and looked at the outfit. "I'm sure mum and dad would think that's okay. I do. And Mali would like it and ask where you bought it and all that." I said and she chuckled.

"It doesn't seem good enough," she said and I sighed.

"It looks fine, add a few silver bracelets and a necklace and earrings and it'll be perfect. And curl your hair, it'll look nicer with curls." I said and she nodded.

"What time are we leaving?" she asked me and I thought about it.

"Maybe around noon." I said and she nodded. "Just be ready by twelve."

"Got it," she said and grabbed my wrist. "Now I'm bored and you're here, so let's go do something. Like, play football in the yard or dance around crazily to music." she said.

"Yo, you're gonna leave a red mark on my wrist if you keep doing that." I said and she laughed.

"Yo?" she asked and I shrugged.

"America does that to you." I said and she rolled her eyes.