Chapter 25

Catherine's point of view

"Kelsey," I said and she hummed. It was late at night and all the boys were asleep. Muke were cuddling on the bed and Ashron was just laying on tue side of them. Calum, however, had fallen asleep on the floor.

"If I tell you something, promise not to freak out and kill someone?" I asked her and she nodded. It was dark in here, the only light coming from the window, which a as covered with a thin curtain.

"I promise the freaking out part," she told me and I could just see her innocent smile on her face. I chuckled and nodded, taking that answer anyways.

"You know how I dated an Ashton back in high school for like two years?" I asked and she said 'yeah'. "Remember how he left for England and left nothing but a note?"

"Yeah," she told me. "I remember everything. You were a wreck and it was all his fault. Me and you mum had to drag you out of your room and we put away all the photos of you two because you couldn't bring yourself to burn them. What about it?"

"Ashton, he went to England to tour with One Direction about the same time my ex left for England. And they both loved drumming. And they both had hazel eyes. And they both had that cute ass giggle." I said.

"So, the guy in a band I love, who thought was a complete sweetheart, is the guy who broke your heart." Kelsey said and groaned. "The hot ones are always heartbreakers, dammit."

"There's a problem though," I said as I cuddled into her side. "I think I'm falling for him all over again, but he's going on tour again soon. He's leaving."

"I'd say something along the lines of, 'screw him, he hurt you' but you falling in love is a big thing. And I saw those instagram photos and twitter pics, you totally kissed at that lake you were at." she said and I blushed. She knows me all too well...

"Shut up," I said and she laughed quietly.

"He wants to stay just friends," I told her. "He told me timing isn't right, which I know it isn't. He likes me and I like him but the only things stopping us from getting together is time."

"Timing is a bitch." she said quite honestly. "But I agree. Just friends is better than pretending the other doesn't exist. And besides, when you're all alone, that's when you guys can kiss and make out."

"He's a great guy, for the time that he's been here. He's sweet, caring, dorky, loud, outgoing, and just a great guy." I said honestly. "But what if he breaks my heart again? That's what's scaring me."

"I'll break his pretty face," she said as she cracked her knuckles. "He may be a member of my favorite band, but I don't care. No one messes with my baby and gets away with it."

"I'm not a baby," I said and she laughed quietly.

"I'm older than you and you're my best friend, you're my baby." she said and I rolled my eyes. "I know you Cat, you just rolled your eyes."

"Hmm," I heard a groan. "What are you guys doing awake?" I heard a sleepy Ashton ask. "It's three am." he said as he looked as at the clock.

"Talking," Kelsey said since I was too busy thinking about his voice. It was deep and groggy and his accent was so thick....fuck.

"Go to sleep soon." he mumbled and the bed creaked. I chuckled quietly and so did Kelsey. I wrapped my arm around her bare stomach and cuddled up more agaisnt her.

"I don't know what to do." I said and she wrapped her arm around me. She was in a pair of Luke's sweats and her bralett. I was still in skinny jeans and a sweater since I'm comfortable in them.

"Look," she said and hesitated. "Give him one mkre chance when timing is right. When the tour is over you guys can go out and shit. I won't like it at the beginning, but if he makes you happy, go for it."

I nodded and it was silent for a bit, well bwsides for the snoring. "The lake he took me too, my dad took my mum to the same one for their first date and when he proposed to her." I told her and she chuckled.

"That's cute. I'd like to get proposed to at the same place our first date was." Kelsey said and I nodded. "However, my boyfriend is a dick, so that's not happening any time soon."

"What did he do?" I asked her and she sighed as she ran her fingers through my hair. "You two were so happy."

"He's a lying ass motherfucker who doesn't know how to keep it in his pants." she said and I laughed a little too hard. I stopped and all I heard was snoring again.

"Sorry," I whispered and she chuckled. "But really? He cheated? That bitch." I said and she sighed. "I'll punch him in the face."

"Did that." she said. "Twice..." she trailed off and I snickered. "He bleeds a lot through his nose. Like that one old guy in that anime you watch when he sees bikini models."

"Master Roshi!" I whisper hissed. "And it's called DragonBall Z. Stop saying 'that anime'!"

"It's weird," she told me. "There's more screaming than there is talking."

"You suck." I told her, not wanting to argue and she shrugged her shoulders. I yawned and a few seconds later, so did she. "Im tired Kels," I mumbled and she hummed.

"Sleep then." she told me and I sighed.

"It's too quiet and I don't have earphones." I said. "I can't sleep without something playing. A movie, music, something."

"You're lucky I always have earphones on me." she said and I saw her turn her phone on. She reahed on the nightstand and handed me her white earphones.

"Thank you," I said and pulled my phone out. I plugged them in and put one in my ear. I put the other in hers and she chuckled quietly. "Since you like the same things as me and these are yours."

She nodded and I quickly put on the music. I turned it off and then set it on the nightstand. The song 'Tell Me I'm A Wreck' by Every Avenue came on and I smiled.

This was one of my favorite songs ever since high school.

"I guess you never knew me at all," I quietly sang as I closed my eyes and drifted off into unconsciousness with Kelsey's arm wrapped around me.