Chapter 38

Catherine's point of view

When I woke up, it was peaceful. No one was screaming in my ear or hitting me with pillows. No one was jumping on the bed or poking me mercilessly. It was quiet, and I loved it.

I turned my body and realized no one was in here with me. I was all alone in my parents' room and I didn't mind. I was still tired. I just wanted to sleep.

"Cat!" Someone yelled and I sighed. The peace didn't last as long as I would have liked, which sucks, but nothing lasts forever.

"I made your favorite, cinnamon toast and bacon with some hot chocolate." I heard my mum say and I smiled.

I thought I smelt cinnamon...

"Open," I parted my lips and a piece of food was placed in it. "Wake up."

I hummed as I chewed and handed the half piece of, what I know is, bacon to her. I wiped my hands on her clothes and cuddled into one of her body pillows.

"Really?" She said and I laughed. "You gotta wipe it on your dad's white shirt?"

"Oops," I said in my terrible, terrible morning voice. "I'm tired, go away." I said and she ripped the blanket off of me. "Noo, go away," I whined.

"You gotta get dressed, the boys are coming over and are picking you up. You need to get up now." She said and I sighed. "And brush your teeth, your breath stank."

I laughed and nodded. I rubbed my eyes and pried them open. "Now hurry up, your food is getting cold." She said and smacked my arm lightly before walking out of the room.

My mum seems so much happier and playful than she was before. I liked it, but it was strange. She hardly ever like this.

I shrugged it off and got up, already feeling how messy my hair is. I shrugged and walked into the kitchen. A plate was on the table and I grabbed the toast. I took a bite and them rubbed it on my shorts.

"There's a little thing called napkins Cat." She said and I laughed. "Might wanna use them." She said and tossed me a roll.

"Napkins are for posh people," I said and she laughed. I grabbed a bacon piece and took a bite. "I need to get dressed, holy damn, I barely have enough time to shower." I said as I looked at the clock.

I stuffed the rest of the piece in my mouth and then ran up to my room. Who cares about the 30 minute eating rule? It never happens to me.

I stripped down when I was in my room and then went to my bathroom. I quickly started my shower and then jumped in when it was the perfect tempature.

• • •

I quickly threw on a pair of black shorts, a white crop-top, a maroon cardigan, white converse, and my grey beanie. I was too lazy to fix my hair so I just brushed it and threw a beanie over it.

"Catherine Davis Hood hurry the hell up!" I heard Michael yell and I put my phone in my pocket. I walked downstairs and into my mum.

"Oops, sorry mum." I said and she nodded. "I was being rushed by an impatient and rude Mr. Clifford." I told her and she chuckled.

"Just be back before dinner, and the boys are staying here for dinner. Be safe," she said and I nodded. "See you all later," she yelled as I walked away.

"You're an ass Mikey," I said and he shrugged. "Where are we even going?" I asked as Ashton eyed me up and down with his lip between his teeth.

"Nowhere special. The beach and then we're staying the night here again." Luke said and I rose an eyebrow.