Chapter 21

Catherine's point of view

I looked at the clock and saw that it was around 12:30. Ashton said he'd be here around one, so I was fine. I already showered and fixed my hair, which was just a ponytail.

I threw on my baby blue bikini and pulled a pair of jean shorts over them. I didn't think I needed a shirt, but I grabbed one anyways. It was just a thin button up vest, nothing too fancy.

I put on my black flip-flops and then put my phone in my pocket. I grabbed my sunglasses and put them on my head. I walked out of my room and smiled as I saw my mum.

"Are you going somewhere with the boys again?" she asked me and I nodded. "The beach?" she asked as she took in my attire.

"A lake more like," I answered and she nodded. "They leave for tour soon so I'm spending as much time with them as I can." I told her and she nodded.

"There's a lake nearby," she told me. "It's where your dad took us on our first date and the spot where he proposed. It was under a big willow tree. We even carved our initials into it." she told me.

"How cute," I told her honestly. "I'd love to do that with my future boyfriend, if I ever get another one. Still kind of hung over my ex." I said and she nodded.

"Let him go, he's stupid. You're a beautiful girl Cat, intelligent and caring. Any guy would be lucky to date you." she told me. "He was like, so two years ago." she said in a really snotty voice and we laughed.

"You're the best," I said and gave her a hug. I heard a knock on the door and I heard my dad's voice.

"Whoever it is ruined a beautiful mother/daughter moment. I'll yell at them." he said and went to the door. We laughed and shared one more hug, but this was much quicker.

They may not be my real parents, but I love them as if they are nonetheless. They are the absolute best.

"Ashton, boy, you ruined a beautiful mother/daughter moment. I would have taken a photo but you knocked on the door." myndad said and Ashton laughed.

"I'm sorry Mr. Davis," Ashton said and I pulled away from my mum to greet Ash. "I'll come a little later than promised next time then."

"Next time?" I piped up and he blushed. My dad chuckled and shook his head. "Anyways, hey Ash."

"Hey Cat," he said. "You ready to go?" he asked me and I nodded.

"Where are you two going?" my dad asked, suddenly getting gery protective. "When will you be back? It is far away?"

"Matthew," my mum scolded. "They're friends and Ashton is a good guy. Leave the questions and worrying to Calum. At least he's able to smack Ash upside the head if something happens."

"But I'm her father and I deserve to know where my baby is going." my dad said and I looked at Ashton. "I don't want anything bad to happen to her."

"Let's go," I mouthed to him and he nodded. We quickly walked away from my bickering parents and went into Ashton's car. "I apologize for that."

"It's fine," he said as we got in and he turned the car on. "But he is right, he deserves to know." Ashton told me.

"My mum knows, she can fill him in." I said as I buckled my seatbelt. "Now go before he brings out his shotgun and shoots you." I joked and Ashton backed out of our driveway. I was kidding about the shotgun, but he didn't need to know that.

• • •

When we got to the spot again, it was even nicer than last night, now that I can actually see it. We got out and Ashton tossed me a white towel. "Since you didn't bring one," he told me and I nodded.