Chapter 16

Cat's point of view

We all sat at the table quietly, and it was awkward. I bet it's because I'm here, I'm making it awkward. I set my fork down and picked up my glass of water. I took a drink and then Mali broke the silence.

"So Catherine, you and Calum spent a lot of time together after you two met?" she asked and shot me an apologetic look. She didn't know what to say, she just wanted to end the silence. I understand, she doesn't have to be sorry, there's really no reason to be.

"Yeah, we got pretty close. I went to his hotel room with the boys, or he stopped by my house whenever he could. It was always really loud and fun." I said and Calum nodded.

"We never really spent time together one on one but it doesn't matter much. And besides, the boys love her. Maybe a little too much for my liking," he said and I laughed along with Mali and his mum. Our mum.

"And your older protective side comes out," Mali said as she took a bite of her food. "He's a real pain when he's protective."

"So is my best friend's boyfriend and so was my ex." I said and I mentally swore. I need to stop bringing him up. He was like two years ago, I need to get over him already. "Every guy in my life has be very protective."

"Well, your father will be added to that list," Calum's mum said and I nodded with a smile. I took a bite of the food and hummed.

Holy Hell, his mum makes some good food.

"Calum," I said and he hummed. "Why would you wanna take my mum when yours cooks like a fu-freaking god," I said and he laughed. He covered his mouth and everyone else chuckled.

I think she felt a bit upset I didn't say she was my mum aswell, but I really don't know the woman. I can't call her mum when I barely know her. She may have pushed me out of her vagina but that doesn't mean I have to call her mum.

"You can swear, it's fine. Calum swears all the time." his dad said and I nodded.

"It's not polite, well, at leat not at the table." I said and he laughed. "I thought maybe I'd use some manners for once," I told him.

"Do what you will, speak however you'd like," he said and I nodded. He took a drink of his soda and I heard a phone ring. Calum stood up and looked at the screen.

"Management, I have to take this," he said and walked out of the room to take the calls.

"So did the paparazzi find out about you yet?" Calum's mum asked and I thought about it.

"Yeah," I said. "I'm rumored to be his girlfriend or any of the other boys' girlfriend and a lot of people don't like that." I told them and Mali laughed.

"Those rumors will only last so long. I'm sure he'll clear them out soon, along with the rest of the band." she told me and I nodded.

"I still don't know what he's going to say when they ask about me," I said truthfully. "'Oh, she's my long lost sister,' doesn't seem to....what's the word?"

"Believable?" Calum's dad asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, believable. Unless he's a good liar, than I don't know what he's gonna say to clear rumors up." I said as I set my hands on my lap.

"In speaking of," I heard someone say. I turned around and saw Calum standing there, looking a bit upset. "We have an interview tomorrow to clear up so many rumors. I'm sorry mum and dad, I thought I'd be off for a few days so I can stay with you guys for a bit."

"It's fine Cal," his dad assured. "It's your job, we understand. You gotta do it," he said and Calum took a seat on this chair.

"But I really wanted to spend some time with you guys. Ya know, family time," Calum said as he played with the left overs on his plate.

"Well maybe if you weren't with me and Kelsey all day everyday," I trailed off trying to lighten the mood. He chuckled and rolled his eyes. "There you go, smile. Frowning makes you look, unattractive." I said.

"So I look attractive while smiling?" he asked me with a risen eyebrow while the others watched us amused.

"You're my brother, of course you're gonna be good looking. I mean, look at me, I'm beautiful." I said and smiled while everyone laughed. "So smile, and besides, you being upset doesn't work in my book."

"And why is that?" Calum asked. So full of questions, isn't he?

"Because, I hate seeing the ones I love upset." I said and Mali 'aww'ed. He chuckled and I just blushed.

I will admit, over time we did get closer. We had fun and kicked ass, literally. We kicked a lot of people in the ass. And while we were hanging out, I guess a bond kind of grew. I care about him, a lot. And I love him, a lot.

It's a family love though, nothing more, nothing less.

"Aww Cat," he said and stood up. "Give me a hug," he said and opened his arms. I shook my head and scrunched up my nose.

"You smell like axe and I don't want armpit hair on me," I said and he didn't listen. He walked over and gave me a hug. "Help," I cried out, forgetting they were watching us.

Yeah, I'm not very good with table manners.

"I want to hug," Mali said and soon, another pair of arms were squeezing me. I was crushed between two people and they both smelt like deodorant.

Well at least they use it....it could have been worse.

"Okay, I can't breathe," I gasped out and they let me go. I took a breath and I could see their parents smiling.

I really need to remember they're my parents aswell. So let me rephrase that.

I could see our parents smiling at us.