Twenty Five- "Have Fun"

There was a few days before the Winter Dance and the mood to get into it was finally coming upon me

My first day back to school was difficult. I was anxious and way too jumpy than I ever would be.

But, really who can blame me?

I have experienced something that I have never experience before and certainly wouldn't wish for anyone. I was so grateful for Carol.

It was too bad that I haven't seen her since that day. I vaguely remember her saying that she would be back, but she never came.

My mother had turned a bit more overprotective of me. She had taken time off from work early in the days to pick me up from school and she had abolished all plans of me ever going out in the evenings. Well, that worked out for her, because I didn't have any extracurricular activities.

Jus dropped me off in the morning and practically waited until I was safe inside the school building before he pulled off.

When he had heard what had happen to me and seen what it did to me. He instantly turned back to the guy that appeared when my father died. Overprotective, harsh, serious, and cold.

Mom says that's how he expresses himself. I think it's because he's scared.

We all were.

After a half of a week gone by I had finally begun to loosen up a bit. When the bell rang, I didn't jump. Or, when Levi would greet us suddenly, I wouldn't scream.

I was becoming better.

Feeling better.

It was last week Friday when I was pulled into the closet by Lucas.

I haven't seen him much in school and I had vaguely wonder what was happening with him, but I had to remember what he wanted for us and ignore the feeling to pry.

He looked outright stressed. His hair was growing out. It was now to his shoulders and his eyes held sad blues. He was still dressed nicely, but he seemed to be hurting.

"Are you okay?" I was the first to break the silence. We were just staring at each other. Eyes wandering over as if we were checking to see if we were both okay.

Lucas cocked a smile. Not a big one, but a smirk.

"You went through that and you ask me if I'm okay?" his voice was raspy, low, and undeniably sexy. It was another thing that I still had fantasies about.

When his words register, I looked down, swallowing the nervousness that always grip me when I think about it.

"They're the Guillianos" he whispered. I furrowed my brows and looked up at him.

"What-?" but he cut me off. He looked like he was battling to tell me, but he knew he had to.

"The guys that attack you are a part of the Guillianos. They're in a gang. A rivalry gang to The Oscuros. The gang that my father runs"