Twenty Six-"I Followed Her"

The hate I have for doing work for The Oscuros was uncomparable

The hate I have for doing work for The Oscuros was uncomparable. The fact that my father just needed me to do a mission tonight was even worse.

I never actually went to the Winter Dance, but this time I really wanted to.

It can be blamed on the fact that I really wanted to see a certain person dressed up and looking way more beautiful than she should be.

I hated the fact that she was going with Levi, but after the past few days, I knew that it had to be done. That still didn't make me like it, though.

I still was uneasy about the guy. I wasn't sure who he was. He seemed fake. Like he was hiding something, but I just didn't know what. Then, he came to me about the attack on Raine and the fact that he knew about the Guillianos confirmed my suspicions about him.

I tried asking him after I handled my dad about it, but it was hard to get him from beside Raine without being too suspicious.

That was another reason I wanted to smash his head in.

"There's nothing happening here" Flint muttered.

We were at a factory building, or in other words, The Oscuros drug lab. It was where the drugs were brought in counted and then distributed. It wasn't the only one either. Dad had Flint and I assigned to run guard on the building. Making sure no one who is not supposed to get in, get in and those who got out didn't carry anything they're not supposed to have.

"Nothing never happens here" I replied boringly. I was more sure that my dad put us here to stop us from being like normal teenagers and enjoying our high school dance.

He never respected the idea of going to school. He felt it was a waste of time and that the street life would teach you way more.

I beg to differ.

"I could have been at the dance right now" Flint kept on whining. I knew he was more angry at the fact that he had asked Madi to go, but now he had to bail on her. I wasn't completely aware of him telling her why, though.

I think just like Raine, she was in the dark about what we actually do. Well, Raine wasn't anymore.

"Have you told Madi about this?" I asked. I wasn't looking at him, my hands where position on the gun I wasn't supposed to have and have never used. My eyes cast out into the abandoned street. However, I still saw in peripheral how quickly his head turned to me.

"About what?" he was playing coy. I didn't press, because I knew he would admit eventually. I wasn't really a fan of repeating myself either. He sighed. "I want to. I almost brought it up too, but she's so innocent and good. I just clamp up"

I turned to look at him. His face was wrought with agony. As if withholding the truth from her was actually hurting him.

"Are you still going to take your father's position?" I asked the question that he asked me a few years back. My answer was always no, but his own was an automatic yes. He grew up with that mantra.