Twenty Nine- "Gone"

I was livid, to say the least

My father. My dad.

He was the one behind Raine's kidnapping. Her almost demise.

I knew there was no way the Guillianos could enter our turf. He had given them permission. A reason way too stupid for my mind to comprehend.

Can't he understand that I hated the gang life?

Is he this delusional?

He tsked, pausing in his stride whiles looking down and shaking his head. When he looked back up, I couldn't recognize him anymore.

This man was not my father.

"I have been in this gang for 20 years and counting. I have worked my butt off to get where I am." he pulled off the beanie tucking into his jacket's pocket. " The Oscuros doesn't pass down the title of king to generations. No. They believe in "you work for it, you get it."

That was something I was fully aware of. The Oscuros was firstly run by Hispanics. However, it has been run by every other nationality after that. African, American, Indian, you name it. Anyone who was qualified- or should I say, cruel enough to run it.

The only thing that made the families similar besides being vicious was that they had to know Spanish.

"When I felt the power of what this gang can give you, I wanted to share it with someone. My very own. I picked your mother for that. She was pretty enough and smart. I didn't care what she gave me. I was gender-equal after all" he shrugged.

I kept Raine behind me.

Today was one of those days that I felt myself crashing and I was fighting my all just to stay afloat.

Earlier, I had met my mother.

The woman who I thought had died. The woman who I thought hated me. The woman who I hated too.

"When she had you, I was happy. I was ready to have you trained as soon as you can walk, but your mother, she was soft. She begged me not to. That you were too young. That you didn't have to be in the gang. Blah blah blah. It was annoying. She was a one night stand that took way too much of my time."

If my bones can become anymore harden I would break.

A one nightstand?

My mother not wanting me in The Oscuros was confirmed true now. She mentioned it before at Allana's house. I just didn't understand if she was so hell-bent on not having me in such a ludicrous group, then why did she still leave me?

"Her disappearing was the best thing to ever happen to me. I didn't care to find her again because she left what I really needed from her anyway. Plus, she was an Oscuros herself. If the gang needed her they would find her and possibly kill her. Really didn't matter to me."