Nine-" Try Me"

56 times

56 times.

56 times had I texted Oscar over the weekend. I called him 20 times. None of which was reciprocated.

Fine.

I would just have to see him in person. So, I waited.

When school came that Monday I try to get a hold of him, but he avoided me at all cause. His football buddies now his personal bodyguards. It was pathetic.

It was hurtful.

Oscar and I were friends-best friends for too long to let something- or someone like Lucas to ever compromise this. We had to fix this and fix this soon.

Tuesday, I stood at his locker waiting until he would come to it. I missed two classes and a break only for him to be a no show.

Wednesday, I waited by his car after school. He had to come this way right? Too bad he didn't. He caught a ride with one of the football guys that day and the next morning when I arrive early to meet him in his regular car spot - he had gotten his car sometime after school when I had left- he came with his friends and they drove to the other side of the parking lot.

It was freaking ridiculous.

I had went from sorry to angry after so many attempts. Oscar was making it seems as though Lucas and I were more than strangers-which we were. He was saying weird things and I just needed him to chat with me for a moment to understand where he was coming from.

I didn't want him to be angry with me. I wanted to fix what had happened between us, but I couldn't do that on my own.

Madi told me that I should just give him some room for a while, but really how much room did he truly need?

It has been two weeks now and he still has not spoken to any of us. He basically just disappeared on us for no reason! Ghost us!

It was hurting.

Friday, my hope of trying to relinquish our relationship was put out a bit. It was the day of our field trip and I just didn't have it in me to chase Oscar anymore. I couldn't take the rejection anymore. If he wanted to end our 12 years of friendship over some misunderstanding then there was nothing I can do about it anymore.

"I hope to see something really fascinating. Like landmarks or something" Madi said as we stood in the line to go on the bus.

I stood around twisting and turning to the number of children going on this class trip. It was the whole senior class and we were going to a Greenhouse.

I think it was cool, but judging on the faces of the others they were bored already.

"Maybe we will see those plants that actually eat insects. Now that would be cool" Madi continued on ranting.

"I doubt they would want us anywhere near something like that" I mumbled, following her as we stepped on the bus and made our way to our seat.

"They should. Why take us to see plants we see on a daily basis? Waste of time" she rolled her eyes as she dropped into her seat taking the window and I slide in beside her.