One- "Oh Shoots"

The blonde girl ran back to the guy, her hair flatten by the rain as she fought her way through the haze. She finally got to him and --

"I have loved you for so long, I can't" I mouthed the words as the girl spoke them aloud on the television. I grabbed my popcorn and stuffed my face the same time the guy started his side of the dialogue.

The sound of thunder crash behind me and I snuggled deeper into the couch as the pair on tv slammed their faces together in the rain.

I wonder why they always have to kiss in the rain or make their undying love speech in the heavy pounding water.

Didn't they know they can get sick?

"You're watching that again?" my brother, Justus, mocked as he came behind the couch and leaned over to steal a handful of my popcorn. Too bad that was not happening, I don't share food.

"Yes, I am" I pushed forward evading his grabby hands, and turn to give him a glare. "You can make your own" I pointed out to him the obvious as he rolled his eyes straightening up off the couch.

"And you're mean" he teased.

My mother took the opportune time to enter the living room dressed in her business attire. Pencil skirt, a button-up shirt and a blazer. This time the combination was just navy blue.

"Justus, can you watch your sister after school tomorrow? I have an important meeting to attend and I can't afford to miss it," she asked as she fidgets with her bag strap.

Justus' hazel eyes widen in glee and looked over to me, "Of course, Mom, I would love to be in charge of dear Raine". I flung myself out of the chair, still somehow saving my popcorn from spilling out of the bowl, and stood on the couch facing my mother.

"Mom, I'm 17 years old. I don't need a babysitter, you should know this by now" I explained to her, trying to get out of the hell task of being watched by my older brother.

Justus maybe 19, but the guy was not as smart as he should be to be called responsible. Well, firstly, he's still in high school, albeit his last year, but still he repeated a grade. That alone should validate my point.

"Yes, I know, but the last time I went on your word of you staying home by yourself, I came home to a completely burnt out kitchen and my bathroom floor soapy and soaked" she raised her thick dark brows as her hazel eyes narrowed on me.

That was the thing about us Packers. We had these thick black bushy eyebrows and piercing hazel eyes that can stare into your soul. I, for one, was not able to escape this generational blessing or curse- depending on how you view it. My great grandmother had it, my grandmother had it, my mother and I definitely had it. Justus even had it and I was still trying to gather enough information to present to my mother that he was indeed adopted.

"Mom, you know that I was just trying my best to clean and cook for you the way you always demand that I do. I failed on my first try that was all" I explained for the 100th time.