Seven-"How Do You Feel?"

Thursday was when Oscar came back to school and from Monday we haven't spoken

Thursday was when Oscar came back to school and from Monday we haven't spoken. He was still bruised but he was still handsome to the eyes.

Madi and I greeted him, he greeted us back, but it came a bit off. I went to asked if he was okay again, but Madi shook her head.

"Let's just give him time," she said and I bit my lip, nodding in agreement.

We moved into school. Oscar's hands nowhere on our shoulders and completely different from the trio we use to be.

I didn't like it.

The first period came around and Oscar made sure that his conversations with us were forced and his smile was tight. He wasn't being himself and I wasn't sure why.

Did he not understand that what I did for him was to help him?

When our break came around, I pulled him aside. I couldn't follow Madi's order anymore to give him time. He was my best friend and I feel like in a way I was slowly losing him.

"Are you okay? You seem off". We were in an empty hallway. Oscar was leaning on the wall, staring intensely above my head.

"Yeah, I'm fine" he bit out.

I blinked at his response. "Are you sure because ever since that night in the group-"

"You got him to apologize. How you did that, I don't know or care, but he did it. I appreciate it"

His words sound so accusing.

"What do you mean? I ran into him and I just got upset and demand that he do. I didn't even know that he would actually do it--" I tried to explain to him, but Oscar just cut me off.

"You didn't?" he questioned. I reared back my head at his accusing response.

"Oscar, what are you talking about?"

Oscar just looked down at me, his nose raised as he shook his head. I just stood there looking at him with wide eyes, waiting for him to explain what he meant. Instead, he just reached up, rubbing his chiseled chin and then rubbing his dark hair while releasing an empty chuckle.

"Like I said, Raine, I'm good. We're good. Don't worry" with that he spun on his heel and walked away.

~~~

"How long do you think he would be mad at us?"

It was now Friday as we sat in the cafeteria and Oscar's attitude towards us still didn't change. Instead, he was more condescending with us.

Yesterday, he snapped at Madi and I know what you're thinking. The two always argue, but this time it was different. He honestly looked angry at her. He apologize--dryly afterward, but the damage was done.

Last night I ended up telling her what he and I spoke about and it left both of us stumped on what he was actually upset about.

Madi thinks it because he got his man-card revoked. After all, he got his butt kicked and I basically played the Momma role in making the bad kid tell him sorry, but I feel like it's more than that.