Six-"This guy was...ugh!"

My school was just like any other school

Gossip travel quickly.

By Monday morning the whole school was well aware of what happened to Lizzie Allan's party.

They were whispering it, texting it, the whole shebang really.

Today, it was only Madi and I. Oscar was still recovering from his bruises (He had two black eyes that were really nasty and a busted lip).

I felt like crap when his mother saw him and burst out in tears. We told her how it happened, but not why it happened and that's because I couldn't live with myself if she ever prevented Oscar from hanging with me because of it.

Oscar and I were way too close to just stop being friends.

I felt like a horrible friend because he was injured because of me. It was the reason why I hated that he wanted to fight my battles.

I hate that he was hurt.

I hate that he was so kind.

I hate Lucas Macaughlin.

Speaking of said douchebag, he wasn't to school either today and I wasn't sure how I really felt about the situation.

He did got injured that night, too-- what am I saying, I don't care.

He deserved it.

Flint was to school however, he was giving me the stink eye while Matt was just studying me. It was truly....interesting.

Sally was obviously missing again. She would probably grace us with her presence on Friday.

"You're the talk of the school, Raine" Madi whispered to me as we sat in class.

"I hate that" I whispered back. Lucas came back and somehow all the attention was placed on me.

I have gone to this school for years and have not done anything to be put in the limelight and he comes here after mysteriously disappearing and I get shoved into it.

It was supposed to be him.

Why was he missing?

Where did he go?

An idea popped into my head and I threw myself back into my seat biting my bottom lip.

Was I really that conniving to pull off a plan like that?

I was thinking that I should find out the reason and spread it around the school, but I wasn't that sort of person to condone in the school drama mess. I was also not one to intrude in another person's business.

But, I was fighting water with the fire here. I couldn't let Lucas and his friend get any further with what they were doing to me and now my friend.

So, that's what I would do.

I would get payback.

~~~