Twenty Eight- "Guillianos"

We were on a horse

We were on a horse. His body pressed against my back. My eyes closed as I feel the wind brush against my face.

I was scared, but somehow, I was on the horse. My hands gripping the reins, hearing the soft chuckle behind me in my ear.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, his raspy voice still able to push through the loudness of the wind.

"Overwhelmed" I breathed.

"Perhaps you should open your eyes" he cooed, but I didn't.

Preferred to stay this way, I held tighter to the reins.

We weren't going fast, but my fear of horses made the situation so much more overwhelming.

I shouldn't be afraid. Am  I not going to become a veterinarian?

Well, considering to.

Maybe I should do art. I did really like that more than taking care of animals.

"You have to open your eyes, Little One" his voice came back, but I shook my head.

"Just tell me the view" I shouted.

Lucas chuckled.

"Well, it's beautiful. We're on a slightly curvy path and there are trees that frame it. The trees are dressed in sparkly lights. They're different colors, giving a little glow. But, the lights are no match for the night sky. The stars are out tonight, Little One, and they're shining bright"

I kept my eyes closed, imagining the view as he describe it.

"How about you open your eyes to see the stars instead. You should see something as beautiful as you" he whispered.

"Beautiful as me?" I questioned. I heard him chuckled.

"Okay, it's not as beautiful, but it's nice in its own lane. Just open your eyes"

"I'm scared," I admit.

"You should never fear anything, Little One. Just open your eyes" his voice sounded louder now.

"Open your eyes" he repeated again and then it begins to fade.

I open my eyes, but I only saw my lap. I had on a red dress, the tight material squeezing my thighs together.

I blinked, feeling the side of my head thump with pain. Groaning, I try to raise my head. It felt so heavy. I go to move my hands, but the feelings of rope burned through my skin when I did.

Suddenly, the images of earlier started to flood my mind and I gasp in fear.

Oscar?

Madi?

Levi?

I looked around, my vision blurry, but slowly coming clear. It hurt when I swallowed and the headache still didn't leave.