Four- "I Should Hit Him"

The confidence I had when I told Lucas off in the cafeteria dwindled away by each passing minute when school was about to be over

I beat him seeing me when the bell rang, by practically sprinting to my brother's car when he came.

I figured since I had to sit with my brother's groupies during his practice that by the time I got home, I wouldn't have to run into him when exiting out of the car.

I usually love to say that my brother repeated because he was slow, but he really repeated based on the fact that he wanted to get a scholarship in football. He missed the opportunity in our school and when they told him that he would need to repeat for it without the guarantee that he would get it if he does, he came to Mystic High who he knew for sure would give it to him.

One thing that I can bet for a fact is that he would never miss a practice. He understood just how much was on the line if he did and he couldn't risk it.

I hated coming here based on the fact of the girls that attend the school. I haven't met all but the ones that I have met since coming here with my brother are sleazy.

They see Justus and they see money somehow, and I can't relate.

"So, do you know where he's going for school?" Meere asked as she chewed on her gum annoyingly and I blinked at her. Did she really think I would disclose that information to her? I barely knew her. I only knew her name because she repeats it every single heart-wrenching time I have to come here in hopes that I would pass the information to my brother.

"To be honest, he isn't going to school. He's planning on doing a gap year and getting Selena Gomez knocked up" I shrugged, before scooting a bit further from her.

She looked at me with wide eyes. I can actually see the wheel--the forgotten wheels, in her head finally turning to catch on to what I said. After a good 3 minutes, she finally click her tongue.

"You're funny, little Packer" she laughed comically and even dare to reach her Edwards Scissor hands to slap me on the shoulder.

I sighed and prayed for the time to just be 4:00 already so I can go home.

"Can you give him my number, Little Packer?" she asked, still oblivious to the fact that I really didn't want to socialize with her.

No.

"How about you do that yourself?" I patted her back on the shoulder-albeit a bit harder than she did to me, and stood to my feet before jogging down the bleachers to the field.

My brother was just in a huddle with his team, shouting some nonsense about sports so he shouldn't mind my intrusion.

"Can I have the keys?" I asked, pushing through them. Ew, they smell terrible together.

"Raine, what are you doing?" Justus asked, breaking the circle to come towards me who stepped a few steps back to avoid being swallowed by their puke worthy fest.