Twelve -"Walking Contradiction"

Monday back to school was not exactly what I was expecting

Madi came to school with such a stressed look that it threw me off my game. Madi was known for being well-kept in all circumstances, so to see her standing before me with her hair messy and her clothes not iron was a bit puzzling.

"What happened to you?" I asked her.

"Well, my mother found out that I went to the party without Oscar and then we got into an argument and I practically had to tell her that I was a woman now and didn't need a man to watch over me. This was the result" she gestured to herself.

"You guys fought?" I asked, still confused.

"No" she screamed. "She said that since I was a woman now I had to iron my own clothes and make my own appointment with my hairstylist," she grumbled.

"Your mom was still ironing and picking out your clothes?" I asked and she rolled her eyes.

"Is that all you got?" she whined.

I laughed, "Madi, just pick out clothes that don't need to iron and if you can't do that then just iron all of them on the weekends or something, and making appointments aren't hard. Just make a phone call"

"Don't worry. I will summer dress this year out. They don't wrinkle and they're effortless" she flipped her messy hair out of her face as we started walking to the front of the school. We had stopped waiting at the spot for Oscar. It was becoming overbearing. "Plus, appointments are hard. You have to know your schedule to make one and I don't necessarily know mines"

"Just chose a day and make it mandatory. Anything after that would have to come around that" I respond, not understanding where the hard part kicked in.

Madi, however, didn't stop in trying to make me understand what she was talking about. So, to avoid a debate, I just nodded my head in agreement. My eyes wandering over the parking lot before spotting Lucas, Flint, and Matt of into the distance.

They were just standing there, eyes glued to something behind me. I looked back to see the football team- Oscar included standing in a huddle as well, but their eyes were locked with the bad crew. What was weird was Sally was walking over to the football team as well.

I watched as Oscar spotted Sally his face lightening up a bit and then him throwing his hand over Sally's shoulder and pulling her close. She whispered something in his ears and then he burst out laughing.

I don't know when last I saw him smile like that. Madi and I have tried talking to him, but one-sided conversations really couldn't solve an issue. We just had to wait until he came around, but knowing me I didn't really have the patience. Especially now, when he was dating Sally. I wanted to know what had gotten into him. Why was he doing this?

I looked back to see Lucas looking at me. The look of his warm eyes yesterday at the party in the closet flashed into my mind, but the ones today were different. These sets were more colder and harder like the ones at the party after our session.