Twenty One- "I Remain Silent"

When we return to school, I was expected the odd looks my friends give me when they saw Lucas and I apparently on good terms

I know. I know.

We're crazy.

It was weird not being in a relationship, but acting as if we were. Lucas didn't talk to any other girl and basically stayed his distance away from Sally as much as possible. Well, she was occupied by Oscar, so it didn't matter.

I wasn't talking to any other guy and to be honest, wasn't even seeking out a relationship with any other person.

Lucas and I had remain very good to one another. The Bad Crew still sat at our table and I recognized that even Flint and Madi were going strong. I think they were actually in a relationship-title and all, but she hasn't confirmed it yet and I was too scared to know. I ignored the odd looks Flint would give me when Lucas and I would speak with one another.

Levi had still hung out with us and this was something that Lucas wasn't a fan of at all. He didn't understand why I still hung out with the guy, but I didn't understand why I shouldn't.

Levi hasn't shown me any reason for him being shady.

Soon weeks went by and Thanksgiving was here.

I was excited for this day because I really wanted to try my hand in the cooking ring. My mother was an excellent cook and on big holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas was where she thrive.

She was like a graceful ninja in the kitchen.

"Want me to help you?" I asked, watching her move around the kitchen.

My stomach was crumbling in on me because I haven't eaten from last night and the food wasn't nowhere ready yet. I practically was dying really. 

 I was contemplating on making some cereal, but Mom would just flip out.

"Yea" she started looking over the kitchen frantically and a while went by before I said.

"Well..."

"I'm just looking for something that you can't burn or mess up"

I rolled my eyes and jumped off the stool. "Haha, I'll cut up the yams how about that?" I offered.

She nodded, but still came over to show me the way to cut them up and then continued on her task.

"Only Madi coming over?" she asked as she whisked something. It looked like whipped cream.

"No, Madi and Levi" I replied ducking my head a tad bit.

Mom wasn't a fan of Levi as yet. I think it's because she still liked Oscar.

"Ok, what about Lucas?"

I widen my eyes, I didn't know she would want me to invite him over.

"Should I invite him?" I furrowed my brows looking at her and she shrugged.