Sixteen-"Sleep Here"

Fear slashed through me as I could hear the labored breathing behind me as I thrash around in the person's hold

Fear slashed through me as I could hear the labored breathing behind me as I thrash around in the person's hold. Their hold was tight around my torso and even tighter around my mouth.

I watched with wide eyes as Mac stepped out of the house, his eyes scanning the area.

"Please stay still"

Lucas.

He was the one that was holding me hostage right now.

Mac's eyes swept over to the dark concealed area of the porch and I held my breath. After a few seconds, he looked away and then walked back into the house closing the door.

I have never been so grateful for the darkness of night.

A painful groan was release behind me as Lucas let go of my mouth and I span around to see him staring at me with his hand now covering his shoulder. The same shirt that he had on was now leaking with blood.

"You're hurt" I whispered. I feared that Mac would hear me and come back out.

"And, you shouldn't be here" he gritted. He looked like he was in so much pain. Emotionally and physically.

"You need to get some help, I can get my brother's car and I ca-"

"I'm fine, Little One." he tried to smirk, but he ended up gritting in pain.

"No, you're not and I am not taking no for an answer" I gripped around his waist and started pulling him forward to get off the porch.

He was still pouring out so much blood. I felt myself get queasy looking at him, but I needed to be strong right now.

"I don't want you in this. I don't" he try to protest, but I still guided him forward and into my brother's car. I have no idea why it wasn't locked.

"Don't move, because I will find you" I threatened and ran back inside my house. I swiped my brother's keys and the kitchen towel before sprinting back outside.

I jumped in, leaning over to put the towel where his hand was "Hold that there instead" I told him, before throwing the car in reverse.

In the midst of my adrenaline, I had totally forgotten that I can't drive.

I mean, I have went for my test a couple of times and failed them equally. It was obvious that I wasn't a good driver. Please don't judge me.

I slammed on the breaks, causing us to jerk back and it made Lucas release a harsh breath. He was sweating now and his face looked clammy.

C'mon, Raine, you can do this.

I put the car in drive and started again. My chest was almost in the steering wheel and my eyes were wide open.

I needed to get Lucas to the hospital without killing us both. Thank God the hospital wasn't too far from us and it wasn't many cars on the road.

Was it always this hard to drive in the night?