Thirty Two - "Remember The Clouds?"

"Can you not do that!" I screamed at Jus as he blocked the tv

"You have watched this movie for I don't know how many times! Give it a rest!" he replied, still standing in my way.

I picked up the remote and aimed at him. "I swear if you don't move, I will throw this at your head!"

"Raine, do not decapitate your brother" my mother mumbled. She was behind me.

"Tell him to move" I groaned.

A week had passed by since the incident at the hospital. After two more visits and a bunch of text messages between Oscar and me- more so him than I, we were actually cordial with one another. I still wasn't sure if we would be close as we were, but Madi convince me to at least give it a try.

A try, I will.

As for the nightmares, they strangely start to calm down after Grandma told my mother to take me back home. She said that I needed to be around familiarity to start healing better and it worked.

I would have the dreams, but they weren't as bad anymore.

I wouldn't say I was fully recovered, but I was there.

"Do you not want to know what's in the box?" Jus waved a big white box in front of me with a big purple ribbon.

"Will it get you out of the way?" I sighed. He nodded. "Fine"

He walked closer to me, putting the box on the coffee table. I frowned at the box, "Is this for you or something?" I asked, fingering the ribbon. I don't see a name on the box.

'It's for you. Open it" I glanced at him, then took the cap of the box. The first thing I saw was a beige envelope on top of white cray paper. I picked up the envelope but didn't see any name or address.

"Who's it from?" I asked Jus and he shrugged, still beckoning that I open it up. So, I did.

The handwriting was printed, so I couldn't even figure out who it was that wrote it.

Dear Raine,

Your dance was tainted, but I want to rewrite that history. Would you like to dance under the stars?

I glance up, my brows furrowing on who could this be. Mommy was looking down at work by her desk and Jus was smiling over my shoulder.

"Now that is some romantic stuff right there," he said, taking out a pen and jotting down what was written. "Gotta try this on the ladies"

I rolled my eyes, letting out a heavy breath as I do what the letter indicate for me to do, which was to turn over the letter.

'Put this on, you're already beautiful and meet me at your door at 7. Date?'

I slammed the note to my thigh. "Really, who is this?" I asked again, but Mom just looked up from her work and motion to the box.

"Look at it," she said.