Fifteen-"I Should Run"

In the two weeks that passed by we smoothly transition into late fall

In the two weeks that passed by we smoothly transition into late fall. The leaves were orange and the wind was just a bit cooler than summer.

It was two weeks before Halloween and I can feel the excitement of Madi bursting from the seams.

The two weeks also ended the time of Oscar's and Lucas's suspension. It was weird seeing them back in the halls.

Obviously, the tension between them hasn't changed, but they haven't struck out at one another yet, so that's cool. Oscar kept himself busy in the disgusting arms of Sally, while Lucas looked as if he had a lot on his mind.

Explosion.

I shook my head and widen my eyes as if to focus on what my teacher was saying.

"I can feel my skin peeling back" Levi whispered over to me and I looked at him questioningly. He gestured behind him and I glance to see Lucas's eyes burning into us.

I just rolled my eyes, "Don't mind him, he has a problem" I whispered back into his ear, making him chuckle a bit.

Besides him looking haunted at times, he also took the spare time to bother me.

Ever since he came back to school he has been trying to get a rise out of me. I can say that it was because of the park incident, but this was also Lucas' intentions long before it.

He just likes bullying me.

"Are you guys both done from your post-sex moon" a voice came boringly from behind us. It was so loud. I felt myself start to heat up as the whole class erupted into laughter.

Embarrassed much.

Levi's jaw ticked, seemingly he wasn't a fan of Lucas' smart remark either.

"I have a feeling we're not going to get along at all" Levi whispered over to me. When he notice me not replying he looked over to me, probably seeing me hunched in on myself.

"Oh no, c'mon mami. Don't let him get to you. Straighten out yourself and show him who's boss" he rubbed my back.

I sucked in the strength he was sharing with me, because obviously the one I had taken from my mom was only valid for Oscar's and my situation. Levi has become such a great friend lately.

I straighten up and lean forward on my desk away from Lucas' eyes, putting my best act forward. I wasn't a great mask wearer, but in times when I need to be, my masked came in with the clutch. It was steel and it didn't break for anyone.

"That's right. Now let's have fun" Levi smiled, removing his hand and looking back to our teacher with the smirk still plastered on his face.

I studied him, noticing how carefree he looked. He was like a fresh breath of air all the while the class that we sat in was still filled with hot tension. As the teacher go on with her lesson, he would periodically turn to me and share a little joke to keep the smile on my face.