Thirty-"I'm Sorry"

It was too hot

It was too hot.

I felt like I was burning. Tossing and turning, I finally jumped up from the nightmare. Sweat was coating my forehead and I could feel it trickle down my back.

I looked around in my darkroom, waiting for the shadows to get less scarier.

Nothing on the walls was familiar, but that was okay.

I was by my Grandma.

After the incident, my mother immediately transfer me to her house. My grandma didn't know the extent of the situation and my mother was keeping it that way. We didn't want the older woman fretting.

It's been a week now.

A week of nightmares.

A week of no school.

A week of staying at my grandmother's.

Most importantly, a week of not seeing Lucas.

The day of the incident was the last day I saw him. He just went up into thin air. I tried texting him and calling him, but his phone was disconnected.

This all made me worry.

We were both traumatize right now and needed a shoulder to lean on. I was grateful because of my family and friends, but Lucas didn't have that.

He was alone.

I was caught up to date with my mother about Carol- I mean Leslie, but she also said that Leslie didn't know where he was.

Going to the Macaughlin's house was a no-no and a hell no for me because mom thought it would be best for me to heal here.

I wasn't sure how much that was going to work.

Madi and Justus came here every other day so far. Madi slept over the first 2 nights. My mother slept with me every night, plus my grandmother. We share a bed.

My grandmother didn't know what had happened fully, but she knew that I needed consoling.

"Another bad dream?" my mother's sleepy voice came from beside me. I looked down at her and nodded. "Come" she whispered.

I snuggled closer to her, her arm coming around my stomach as she spoons me.

"I am sorry, you had to go through that" she whispered. I nodded, my eyes trained on my grand mother's spot. She must have gotten up. She could never sleep through the whole night.

"I'm okay," I told her.

"You are. You will be even more" she responded.

I couldn't help but wonder if someone was doing the same thing for Lucas right now. I wanted to know if he was okay to.

"Have you heard from him?" I asked. My mother didn't have to ask who I was talking about. She knew I asked about him every day.

"He's okay. Leslie found him. He's in a tough position right now, but he'll be okay" her hand kept running through my hair.