Chapter 37: Antibody

JENNIE's POV

Few days have passed. This place is safe indeed. The Central doesn't bother us ever since we got here. I'm so happy spending time with my parents. Moonbyul unnie came back safe with them. I'm thankful for her not neglecting my parents.

Lisa is so light and looks really happy again. After talking to her mother that night, she often smiles these days and I love that. I was really worried seeing her cried that night. She could've just told me. But it's all fine now, seeing her happy.

Right now, some guys are playing some instruments while singing. The others are singing with them as well. Like, we could stay in this place for as long as we like. Although, we are still worried because some of my friends' parents are still in the quarantine area, we can find time to have fun and good times.

"Yeah.. she told me that." Lisa said. She's talking to the girls.

"Wait. Who? Said who?" I asked because I didn't hear them. I was busy with my own thoughts.

"Babe, are you okay?"

"Yeah.. I'm sorry. What are you guys talking about?"

Lisa chuckles. But then she repeats what she was saying a while ago.

"And she said, she just healed. Maybe the medicines her father injected to her before worked after all."

"Wait. She just healed? Just like that?" I asked. And I don't know why but I've felt the urge finding Irene.

"Yeah.. why?" Lisa asked.

"Just.. where is she?" I mumble while searching for her.

Ghad! Where is she? I stand up and look for her. The girls even followed me.

"Jen, why?" Jisoo unnie asked.

"Unnie, she healed. Imagine that? If that happened to her— There she is!"

I jogged my way to Irene.

"Irene."

She turned and I suddenly feel shy. I don't know why. But, if this is what I think it is, the Central needs her for a reason.

"Uhm, can I talk to you, in private? If you don't mind.."

She looked at her peers and I swear to God, her peers look at me oddly. What are their problems?

"Sure."

"Unnie.."

Her peers try to talk to her.

"It's important. Just few minutes.." I said.

"Please.." I even beg.

"Jen.." Lisa holds my wrist.

"No no.. it's really important. Irene, can you go with me in my parents' room?"

"What is this?" Seulgi mutters.

Ghad these girls!

"Just.. fine. If you all wanna know, you can come too." I mutter.

"Irene?"

She nodded and goes with me. Then we made our way to my parents' room. I opened the door and I found them busy with something. They actually brought their equipments here, of course, to still study for the cure.

"Oh? What brought you here, girls?" my father asked.

"Dad, can you test her blood?"

"Jen.."

"What?"

"Wait a minute!"

They reacted hysterically with what I said.