Chapter 59: Pre-occupied

Third Person's POV

Jennie got startled when Lisa grasped her wrist suddenly. Lisa didn't say anything and just pulled Jennie back to meet the girls.

Seeing how Lisa behaves, the guy stood up and grasped Lisa's arm. The girl immediately turned and removed the guy's hand harshly.

"Hey.." Jennie mumbles as she stares at Lisa. She was about to pull her hand from Lisa's hand grip but before she does, Lisa lets go.

"Is.. everything fine?" Jennie asks confusedly.

"Everything's fine, Jennie-ssi." The guy mutters.

But Jennie noticed how the guy stared at Lisa and so does the other to him. More like, glaring at each other.

"See you around, Jennie-ssi."

"Sure. Thanks again."

Then the guy walks away without saying anything again.

"Why are you talking to that guy?" Lisa mutters coldly, still glaring at the guy's back until he sits with his other peers.

"He helped me with the machine.." Jennie pointed to the machine and faced Lisa again.

"And he said, he was Kai's friend."

"Sure. Kai." Lisa nodded and turned her back to Jennie. She followed her, confused with how the girl behaves as well.

"What's wrong with you?" she asks as she walks beside her.

"The others are waiting." Lisa said, not answering the question.

"Lisa- Jen.."

Moonbyul met them and frowns.

"What's wrong with you two?" she asks.

"She- Nothing." Lisa cuts Jennie and walks passed them, getting back inside the facility where Chaeng and the others are.

"That's not nothing." Moonbyul looks at Jennie.

"I don't know why she's like that. I was just talking to some guy there." Jennie said and walks with Moonbyul.

"Aigooo.. Lisa.." Moonbyul chuckles.

"Anyway, your parents need to talk to us about something." the older says and met them inside.

"So, the tests will take long inside. They want to be thorough about everything. All three of them needed to be inside for few days. So.." Robert looks at Jane and the woman nodded.

"We are going to stay here. How about you, girls?"

"I won't leave until they're done with my mother." Lisa said seriously.

Robert looks at Jane again and shrugged.

"I told you." He mumbles.

"How about you?" Jane looks at the others.

"I will stay for Chaeng." Jisoo said and sat on the chair again.

"Irene needs us as well. And I will join the investigation." Moonbyul said.

"So, all of us will stay here?" Robert asks and looks at his daughter.

"Did they prepare a room for us?" Jennie asked his father.

"They're working on it. We just wanted to tell you that and we're going back inside." Robert said. The others nodded and watched them go inside the clinic again.

Jennie sighed and sat beside Lisa. The girl is still quiet. She looks at her and leans her head on Lisa's shoulder, clinging her arms around Lisa's. Lisa was about to move but Jennie talks.