Chapter 62: The War has begun

Third Person's POV

It was a night of business. All you'll hear is the sound of keyboards and technologies beeping. Occasional talking and radios. Tonight is the night that they'll execute their plan. The girls are ready in their positions, whenever.

"Unit 1, what's your 20?"

"In position, west."

"Unit 2?"

"East, sir."

"Roger that. When I send the signal, start moving. Prepare yourselves."

"Copy that, sir."

"Copy. Loud and clear."

Two screens in front, showing Moonbyul and her team's current location as well as the squad and others' location.

"Everyone, be alert. Are the wiretaps working already?" the man asks.

Then someone raises his hand and another after another while headphones on their ears. The man nodded. Then a phone rings. The man stared at it and then he answered.

"The petition got the total votes. This is war."

•••••

24 hours ago. Inside the room.

"I know there's a lot in your mind right now, but trust me, those two.." Solar looks at Moonbyul worriedly as the lady walks back and forth in front of her.

"They are the least of our problems right now. The petition is still on going, we have to do everything we can to stop this."

Moonbyul stops and sat on a chair. She shakes her head as it starts to hurt thinking about all of the problems they have and they will be having as soon as the mission starts.

"The girls will never abandon any of us. As their leader, you know them very well and how much trust they have for you. I know this pressures you so much but they're with you. We.. are with you. This isn't your fight only, it's ours."

Solar frowns when Moonbyul suddenly chuckles and looks at her, stares at her.

"What is wrong with you?" Solar scowls.

"I'm sorry." Moonbyul shrugs and chuckles again.

"It's just.. I'm not used to this, that you're so serious while saying those things."

"Ugh.." Solar groans.

"I'm really sorry." Moonbyul chuckles again.

"But thanks. I really appreciate it, seriously. And I guess, I'm just really scared.. about everything."

Moonbyul rubs her face as she takes a really deep breath before talking again.

"You know my dad, before this.. before everything happens, he protected the city. He was even thinking of running for Mayor. The team prepared everything. He got a shot with everything. The city knows his efforts and what he'd done to this place. He was born and raised in the city of Seoul, and alongside my mother, we thought of fighting. Now, I feel like I owe them this. I feel like I have to do everything I can to save the city from this crisis."

Solar sighs and sat beside Moonbyul. It's not their usual, bickering and yelling at each other, teasing but that moment, Solar reaches for Moonbyul's hands and holds them tight, secured. As serious as she can, she speaks.

"This isn't your fight only. You have us with you. You are your father's pride, Star. He knew and trusted that you have the courage in you. I know I don't say this often, Byul, but I believe in what you can do and will do. Not only for this city but for the people who believe in you, and that includes me. I believe in you. This is a lot of pressure because of what your father left but you are not alone in this fight. We will win this."