Chapter 38: Whenever you're ready

Third Person's POV

Lisa went to their room and saw Irene. She tries to talk to her but the girl ignored her. She just sighed and goes to her bed.

"Fine. But I want you to listen."

But Lisa still talks.

"I didn't mean whatever happened that time. I was just doing my job. I'm sorry if that happened but, I feel guilty about it when I knew. My dad died, he was shot also. And my platoon leader did that. Moonbyul unnie. But I understand because it was part of our job before. ..."

Irene slowly opened her eyes.

"Why are you telling me this?" she mumbles but still facing the other side.

"Because.."

Lisa thinks why also.

"I don't know but I just wanted to say, I understand your pain."

"You don't know anything."

"But the same tragic event happened to our lives and I really want to apologize. I feel guilty when you told me that. I really am. But Irene, I really want you to consider it. You can do something about this. Our parents' death wouldn't be in vain if you do this."

"I still want to think about it."

"I'm sorry."

Irene slowly sits up and looked at Lisa.

"I mean it."

Irene sighed deeply.

"It wasn't your fault. It was my dad's."

"But still."

Lisa stood up and grabbed a bottle of water from the side cabinet. She approached Irene and motions it towards her. The girl looked her and the water.

"What the hell is that?" Irene mutters.

"No one dared me to do this. It's an apology, not a confession. Take it." Lisa said and motions the bottle again.

"If I take that, it doesn't mean I'd consider it easily." Irene glared at her.

"I didn't say that. And I saw how you drink earlier. Come on, my arm's hurting already."

"Aish!" Irene mutters and snatched the bottle from Lisa's hand. Lisa smiled at her and sat on her own bed again.

"Are we okay now?"

"Tss. Whatever."

Irene just opened the bottle and drinks. She glanced at Lisa and she almost choked wtih how Lisa is looking at her.

"What are you smiling about?" Irene mutters.

"Can I have a favor?"

"No."

"Yah! Tsk." Lisa glared at her.

"I just want to let Jennie sleep here for tonight. She's mad at me right now." Lisa mumbles while pouting and bent her head.

Irene lowkey smiled and finds Lisa cute with her expression. But Lisa doesn't know.

"I don't want to." she teased.

"Would you allow me if I beg?"

Irene just shrugged and drinks again. Her eyes widen when Lisa suddenly kneeled in front of her.

"Yah! Are you crazy?" She helps Lisa stand up and laughed.

"I'm just teasing you. My ghad! You'll do anything for her, won't you?"