Chapter 39: Took time to realize

Third Person's POV

Lisa woke up and looked at Jennie. She moves a little and carefully got up.

"Good morning, eomoni. Abeoji went out?"

"Oh. Good morning.. yeah, he did. He's just meeting some people downstairs." Jennie's mother said as she prepares breakfast.

Lisa walks to the sink and washed her face. Then someone approached beside her, grabbing a towel.

"Why are you here?"

Lisa arched her brows to Jennie.

"You don't remember anything, do you?" Lisa chuckles.

"I came to see you and have a talk but you were drunk." Lisa said and holds Jennie's towel to dry her face. She stayed beside Jennie as the girl washes her face.

"And I was about to ask you to sleep with me but you can't even walk properly. Seriously, why did you even drink that much?"

"Should I scold her again, Lisa?" Jennie's mother mutters while cooking.

"She might listen to you, eomoni."

"Shut up." Jennie mutters and sat on the chair. Lisa just chuckled and grabbed two mugs to make coffees.

"Jen, if you drink that much again, I won't let it slide anymore. You hear me?"

Jennie just sighed deeply.

"Do you hear me, Ruby Jane?"

"Yes." Jennie mutters and glared at her mother.

Lisa just keeps on taking deep breaths while preparing Jennie a coffee. After that, she sat with her on their small dining table and drinks coffee with her.

Jennie stared at the coffee, trying to condition herself from hangover.

"What do you want to talk about?" Jennie asks and reached for the mug.

"About you actually.. and how you act so weird to me yesterday."

"Me? I was acting weird? It was you!" Jennie scowled.

Jennie's mother looked at them as she placed the plates on the table.

"What did I do to you? You're the one who get jealous without any reason at all." Lisa defended.

"Do you want me to leave the two of you here?" Jennie's mother mutters after preparing the table.

"I'm actually heading down. Dad's waiting for me." the woman added while removing the apron and hung it to the side.

"Have you eaten, eomoni?"

"We did. Just eat your breakfast, I'm heading down. Jennie, remember what I told you." Her mother said and gets out.

"There's always reasons for getting jealous, Lisa."

"What? I didn't do anything."

"Are you sure?" Jennie scowled and sips her coffee.

"Ugh.." she scoffs and massaged her head.

"Eomoni was mad last night seeing you like that. She even scolded you but I don't know if you even remember any of that." Lisa said.

"I've even asked Irene if you could sleep in the room, she agreed. But when I got here, you were like that."

"Irene again." Jennie shakes her head.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Lisa, I already told you to never look at her like that! But you still do!"