Chapter 44: Truth hurts

Third Person's POV

As what they've talked about, Mrs. Kim talked to Lisa. And as they've expected, Lisa protested.

"Eomoni, I thought we were clear last night? Then why can't I go now?"

"Lisa, your mother called again last night. She didn't allow us to bring you there."

"What? Eomoni.."

"Lisa, just this. If we're sure that all is fine there, we will let you."

Lisa keeps on following Jennie's parents outside the gates before they get in the van.

"Eomoni.. please." Lisa asked again.

"We're so sorry, Lisa. We have to go right now."

"Eomoni! Please.. Abeoji.. you were sure last night. Right? Please.."

"Lisa, we will get back to you. I promise." Mr. Kim said and gets inside the van.

"No, I want to go now. Please.."

Mr. Kim just shakes his head and started the engine. Jennie tries and talks to her parents.

"Dad, why the sudden changes? Mom?"

"Jen, stay out of it." Mr. Kim said.

"What? Why? It's her mother."

"It's her mother's decision too. I'm so sorry but we can't let her go with us right now. I'm so sorry, Lisa." Mr. Kim says and drives.

He shakes his head while driving.

"This is so hard." he mutters.

•••••

Lisa cries while watching the van drives away. She rubs her nape and walks back and forth. Jennie approached her and wipes her tears.

"I don't know why they changed their minds. I'm so sorry.."

"Why would they do that? Why would my mother stop me from seeing her? I don't understand." Lisa cries.

"I'm so sorry.."

"I really want to go.."

"I know. But we can't right now. Let's go back inside, Lis.."

Jennie looks at her anxiously. Lisa cries hard and thinks about her mother. Jennie supports her as they go back inside. The girls met them and looks at Lisa.

"Yo. I thought she's going?" Moonbyul looks at Jennie. She just shakes her head and looks at Lisa again.

"Lis.." the older mumbles.

"E-Excuse me.."

Lisa wipes her tears and runs to the building. She jogged her way back to her room and closed it loudly.

Irene got startled and got up because she's still sleeping before Lisa went in. She saw her dropped herself on the bed and heard a cry.

"H-Hey.. is e-everything okay? I thought you're going with them today?" Irene asks. But she doesn't get a response, just a cry.

Irene was about to go to Lisa when someone knocks on the door. Irene just opened it and sees Jennie. She lets her in and closed the door silently. She just laid back on her bed and covers herself with her blanket again.

Jennie sat beside Lisa and leans closer to look at her. She caressed her back and wipes her tears. Lisa keeps on crying.

"Will you please leave me alone for a while?" Lisa mumbles but she's not looking at Jennie.