Chapter 12: Best squad

LISA's POV

She's so weird. Last time, she asked me to don't look at her or stare. How can I even do that? Tss. Now, she's there.. busy killing. I do too. We're out again. All of us scattered to the place. I want to go to her but she keeps on telling me to go to other parts and she managed on her own. Is she avoiding me? What did I do? Is it because of the punishment I've caused her? I keep on apologizing but whenever I was about to look at her, she keeps on covering my eyes and would turn my head to the other side. I don't get it. I really don't.

"Holy shit!"

"Omo!"

"Kai!"

I saw Jennie running towards him and helped him fight the hosts. Some of his squad did so too. But our eyes widen when hosts got him. They got him really bad. I ran to Jennie when she's about to go to him. I saw the girls stopped Hyuna too. Then Kai's body dropped on the ground. He's bleeding so much. His squad helped him but then they saw.. we saw.. his bitten part.

"No.." Jennie mumbled. I looked at her. She doesn't have the strength to remove my stare because she's.. crying.

She removed my hands and turned her back. Then she continued firing. We've been here for hours, maybe.. it's time to go back. But then I saw Kai stood up and groaned. The others are about to shoot him but I stopped them.

"No! Don't!" I yell.

I kicked him and he dropped on the ground. That's oddly satisfying.

I immediately cuffed his wrist and pulled him to a tree and cuffed him on a branch. I immediately stepped away from him.

"What are you doing again?!" Hani unnie yelled at me.

"We have to finish everything here, including h-him before we go back!" she yelled. I saw her gulped.

"I know. But.. just this time, unnie. Continue the mission. I'll just do something."

I heard Hani unnie hissed but let me. I ran to Jennie and pulled her to Kai.

"What are you doing?"

"I haven't got the chance to say goodbye to my father.. and to Chaeng. I am giving you that chance with him. 5 minutes. And—"

I got startled when she shot Kai through his head. His body hanged on the tree.

"I already did." she said and went back to where I pulled her from. She didn't even look at me. But I just stared at her. Then the squad leaders called already.

•••••

"I told you.. don't look at me." she whispered while we're at the van. But I can't help it! Why is she doing this?! Tsk.

I turned to Hyuna and she's crying hard. The others comfort her. Then I turned to Jennie again, only to feel her hand on my cheek and averted me from her again. I just sighed and leaned my back and head behind me. Then I felt her head on my shoulder. I just closed my eyes and leans my head on hers.

It was a silent minutes for us, with some chatting from the girls, when our van hit and rolled on something. My head bumped and I clenched my eyes while rubbing it.

"Sorry! Hosts on the way!" Tzuyu utters from the front.

"She's driving?" I mutter. The girls chuckled while nodding. I just whimpered while rubbing my head.

Then I felt her hand on my head too. I looked at her and she's giggling. Then there's something different from her smile right now. I don't need her to avert my gaze because I did it on my own and stared at my shoes. I don't know why at my shoes, just.. somewhere else!