Chapter 50: Quality time

JENNIE's POV

It's been few days after Lisa's mother woke up. And my mom asks for my help to check everybody's condition in the isolated area while they work on the cure. Lisa and Irene unnie's been helping me with the patients as well but not in the alert red. My dad told me to only check until orange and that's what we've been doing. Mostly giving shots of the transparent serums to slow down these people's cases.

In a week from now, they decided to talk to the president about the crisis. They want to make sure the cure will be effective by then. We are doing everything we could to help.

But ever since that day when Aunt Lily woke up, I've noticed my father and Lisa have never talked to each other again like they used to. It's been bothering me since.

I don't blame any of them about that but seeing them like that makes me occupied a little bit.

I went inside Aunt Lily's office for a while after finishing today's schedule. I sighed deeply and sat on a chair.

They're working on the cure in the quarantine area for the time being. The equipments to be used are there.

But to my surprise, my father went in.

"Hey! How's the area doing?" he asks.

I quietly stared at him as he picks some files and browses them. He turned to me when he noticed I was quiet.

"Is.. everything fine?"

Lisa and Irene unnie are still outside. I took the alert orange today and they're in yellow, since there are more people there than orange and red.

"Baby, are you okay?"

"Can we.. talk for a while, dad? Are you busy?"

He arched his brows at me and pulled a chair. He sat in front of me and nods.

"What is it?"

My dad's only in his early 50s and he's already having so much stress marks on his forehead and the sides of his eyes. Stress marks, I mean wrinkles. Everything that's happening has been stressing all of us.

"Nini.."

"Dad, it's about Lisa."

He heaves a breath and crossed his arms in front of his chest. His eyebrows furrowed but he hummed to me as reply.

"Dad, you know.. how much I love Lisa. She loves me too and I know, you know that. This whole ignoring, cold treatments between the two of you.. i-it's.. I'm not okay with it."

"She disrespected me for the first time."

"You wanted her mother to wake up when you know that she still needed to rest."

"We are losing so much time and you know that. Lily's our only hope that time."

"That doesn't mean you could do anything you wanted. To be honest, I'd do what Lisa did if I were in her shoes, dad. You know she just did what a daughter would do if her mother's life is in the line. And you.. hurting her? Dad, do you even realized what you did?" I shook my head as I stare at him.

"I know what I did. And I'll do it again even how many times that scene happens again. Jen, do you realize how many lives are in danger because of what's happening? We are lacking of hands here. To tell you honestly, even your mother and I and Lily works together, it isn't enough. I am doing whatever I think that would help the people. Every life in this city depends on us. Imagine if we made a single mistake for not testing Lily's blood as soon as possible, all of us could die."