Chapter 51: Before the day ends

Third Person's POV

Jennie woke up early. The sun hasn't come out fully yet. She yawned and stretched her arms. She looks at Lisa and pecks on her lips before getting up. She went outside the tent feeling so cold and walks inside the office. She saw her parents busy again with something while drinking coffee.

"Good morning." she greeted and yawns again.

"Good morning, sweetheart. Happy birthday!" her mother greeted and hugged her tight.

"Good morning, baby. Happy birthday. You want coffee? Pass for the gifts this time, honey."

Jennie smiled at them.

"Yeah.. it's okay. Uhm, thanks, btw. Do you guys even sleep?"

"There's so many things to do. Lily's still in the q.a. with other nurses. We just came back here to update the charts." her mother says.

"Guys, you have to rest too. Sleeping for few hours won't harm anybody." Jennie says and sips on her coffee.

"Anyway, what's the update?" she asks.

"60% of the cure is in progress. After we finished that, we will test it in the alert red if ever it could heal a host. If it does, we will go to the president and talk to him."

Jennie heaves a breath and stared at her parents.

"Are you really sure about going there? Can't you just call someone from there to connect with the president? I'm just worried about what could happen." she said anxiously.

"We thought of that actually. We will call before talking to him personally." Her father said and looks at Jennie. He smiled and turned to his papers again.

"You guys look like a zombie again. I mean, not that you're infected but it reminds me of the old days." Jennie chuckles as she teased her parents.

"Whenever mom has night shift or had some surgery. She would come home with her eyes full of dark marks." she added and laughed. Her parents looked at each other and giggles as well.

"Being a resident doctor is not easy, honey." Mrs. Kim said.

"Yeah, I totally get that. Growing up with parents who are both doctors. Mom, with two doctorates and a PhD and dad, both have doctorates in Chem Eng. and masters in ME? That's not even questionable." Jennie chuckles.

"Do you guys even have a life before you met each other?" Jennie teased.

"Heol."

"Aigooo.."

Her father and mother reacted to her respectively. Jennie just laughed and sips her coffee.

They're busy chatting and giggling when Lisa gets inside. Jennie turned and stood up. She walks to her and hugged her.

"Good morning. I'll make you coffee."

"Good morning. Happy birthday. I love you.." Lisa mumbles and nodded. Jennie smiles and proceeds on making her coffee.

"Good morning, Eomoni.. Abeoji.." Lisa greeted and bowed.

"How's mom?"

"She'll be here later for updates also. She's still in the q.a." Mr. Kim said. Lisa nodded and turned to Jennie. The girl just smiled at her and gave her mug.

"Thank you." Lisa mumbles and sips.

Jennie grabbed her mug from the table and sits with Lisa on the couch.

"It's cold outside." Lisa mumbles.

"It is. It's that time of the year again. We had white christmas which we didn't even enjoy because of this and even welcoming the new year wasn't that enjoyable like before also." Mr. Kim elaborated as a matter of fact.