Chapter 63: The War

Third Person's POV

"You betrayed your people, Mr. President!"

"Is this what you want your people to remember you, Mr. President?!"

"We believed in you! In what you can do! That's why we decided to be on your side! But you terribly disappoint us!"

Everyone in the facility shouted through the door while the guards try their best to stop them. The President, as always, stays inside his office with the other officials who failed the country.

He's walking back and forth, thinking in panic.

"There is nothing you can do to change the people's mind, Mr. President."

"You're not helping!" he yelled.

"I've told you to monitor closely to those people who are having second thoughts about this and persuade them not to sign the petition! I was dealing with the Prime Minister myself but he got back ups and we've got outnumbered!" he explained.

"We have to do something, hyungnim. The people will forever mark this reign, your regime, if we can't stop that missile, that is now have few hours to eradicate our country." his brother said.

"Deploy all your men to the quarantine area and the isolated area. Protect them at all cost! Radio the girls! Tell them that we are going to send more men to each scene to help them. While I go to the main office and talk to those officials! I will do everything in my power to stop this! GO!"

The guards and soldiers started moving as he speaks. He collected everything in his table and brings them with him.

"They're playing dirty, I will gladly do so as well." he said, with a threat.

His colonel brother stared at him as they walk and noticed the envelope the President is holding. He knows that the sign on that envelope indicates that it contains a confidential file.

•••••

Meanwhile..

The others are having a hard time fighting hosts and soldiers from the Central. While Moonbyul and the others fight against the men in Taek's industries.

"You're not going anywhere!" Moonbyul shouted while pointing her rifle to a man.

The man stopped and faced her. But when he does, he fires. Moonbyul dodged it and hides then saw him ran again and met some men. She saw him pointed at her direction and the men nodded as they fire shots towards her. She hides then heard gunshots and groans.

"Need cover?" Solar mutters.

"Where have you even been?" Moonbyul said and follows Solar.

The girl looks at her in disbelief.

"I was ordering some of our men to guard that room, Star! It contains the virus! Have you lost your mind?!"

"S-Sorry." Moonbyul answered.

"I was so focused on that doctor." she defended.

Solar just shakes her head and then they continued. Few minutes more and Moonbyul heard the radio.

"Lieutenant, over."

Moonbyul looks at Solar as they continue firing. She crouches for a while and answers.

"Hani."

"What the hell is going on? We heard the base. The petition got the total votes?!"

Moonbyul clenches her eyes and stared at Solar. The other girl nodded.