Chapter 23: Rest day

JENNIE's POV

I opened my eyes slowly but I didn't get up yet. She's still hugging me so tight and I don't want to wake her up. I can feel the breeze coming through our tent. It's raining outside. We always have our rest day right after being out on a mission.

I just fixed my blanket and covered our bodies properly. I can feel Lisa's breath through her nose. She's really sleeping deeply. I just pulled her arm and hugged her tight. This is peaceful.

Everything we've been doing here could lead us to trouble but I don't know why it feels okay whenever we do it together.

She looked so worried yesterday. I didn't mean that, for her to feel that. I just couldn't help myself to cry because I've really had enough of what's happening.

Her brows knitted slightly and she reached for the blanket. Is she cold? The wind outside is so strong that I can hear it whistling. I helped her with the blanket and caressed her shoulders and arms.

We're still waiting for Moonbyul unnie's update. She told Lisa that she will have a meeting with the other platoon leaders secretly. I wanted to know how was it.

"A good cup of coffee is really good at mornings like this, isn't it?"

I heard Jisoo unnie talks.

"Yeah.. do we have some in our food supply?" Jeongyeon asked.

I didn't know they are awake already too. I gazed behind me. Jisoo unnie turned to me and smiled.

"Good morning, Jen.."

"Good morning. If you'll make some coffee, include me." I chuckle and she does too.

"Is she awake already?"

"Nope. Still sleeping so deep." I looked at Lisa and pecked on her chin.

"Who wants coffee? I'll look through our food supplies." Jisoo unnie asked.

"Me."

"Me too."

The girls responded.

"Alright. I'll call when it's ready, ma'ams."

I looked at her and we giggled with the others. She wears her jacket and the hood before going out.

I slowly remove Lisa's arm and got up. But I just sat beside her and tied my hair. I felt her arm again sneaking around my waist.

"Why is it so cold?"

"Good morning.. it's raining.. basically." I chuckle while she wipes her eyes.

"What're we going to do today?" she asks as she sits.

"Hm?" she mumbles and knitted her brows as she glanced at her foot.

I looked at it too and heard the girls laughed.

"Very nice! Pulling a prank while I sleep. Who did this?" She mutters because her foot is tied on the bed frame.

"Guys.." I chuckle while helping her untie it.

"Whatta bummer.." Nayeon mumbles and laughed.

"I thought Lisa would roll to the side but.. failed." Jeongyeon said and laughed again.

"Silpae!" Lisa giggled and caressed her foot.

"She should've dropped from the bed."

"I really hate you, guys." she mumbles. I just giggled at her and looked at the girls again. I just shook my head.