c h a p t e r 16

allison bain woke up confused as ever

allison bain woke up confused as ever. she was laying on colson's chest with a blanket over the both of them. she remembered going to sleep on the bed, not the couch.

she slowly got up off of colson and walked into the kitchen to make coffee. for some reason, she felt really tired and she was not feeling good at all.

allison made her coffee and poured some into a cup. grabbing the ice, she added creamer and milk to make it taste better.

colson rubbed his eyes and looked around the room, remembering what he did the night before. he felt guilty and knew allison would be upset if she found out.

"goodmorning sleepy head." allison said, walking in from the kitchen.

"goodmorning my love." he said, getting up so that he was sitting.

colson was being short with her and she didn't like it. the last time he acted like this, he had overdosed.

"did you carry me down to the couch?" she asked, trying to make conversation.

"yea, the couch looked comfier and i didn't want to sleep alone on it."

allison giggled before laying her head on colson's lap. colson ran his fingers through her hair as she found a movie to watch.
she found a movie and turned it on. colson pulled the blanket on top of the both of them and relaxed into the couch.

allison played with the loose strings in the blanket as the movie was playing. she couldn't focus on the movie because she wanted to know why colson wasn't being his normal self.

"are you ok? you're being weird with me." allison said, looking up at him.

he nodded, not taking his eyes off of the tv screen. allison frowned, getting up from her spot to go look in the cabinets.

"what are you looking for?" he asked, pausing the movie.

"uh, ibuprofen. my head hurts a lot." she lied, looking through the cabinet.

when she couldn't find any trace of drugs, she closed the cabinets with a sigh. colson looked back at her with a concerned look.

"did you find it?" he asked.

"no, i think we ran out. i'll get some later." she said, walking up the stairs.

colson got up and went over to the cabinet allison had previously been in. he found the ibuprofen in a split second.

he was about to call her down but then he knew what she was looking for. adderall. he panicked, running up the stairs to his bedside table.

opening up the drawer, he began looking for the adderall he had hidden.

"looking for this?" he heard from behind.

colson turned around to look at a teary eyes allison. his heart dropped at the sight of his fiancé.

"baby. let me explain. please." he said, beginning to walk over to her.

"don't colson. i don't want to hear it." she said, walking away.

allison walked into the bathroom and closed the door. she heard colson cuss from behind the door and try to open it. luckily, allison had locked it.

she didn't want to look at his face. she was mad and she had the right to be upset.

"please just let me explain." she heard him beg from the door.

"you don't have to explain anything colson. you relapsed." she said, her voice breaking slightly.

   "i promise, it was only last night. i haven't done it any times before that." he said, tears forming in his eyes.

   alliosn remained silent. neither of them talked, just listened to the sound of each others breathing from the other side of door.

   "please just..let me hold you." he eventually spoke up.

   allison slowly stood up and headed towards the door. unlocking the door, she opened it to meet a red-eyed colson.

   he grabbed her hand and led her to the bed. laying down, he opened his arms for her to climb into.

   allison walked over to him and laid down in his arms. he wrapped them around her tightly so that she couldn't leave if she wanted too.

   tears strolled out of their eyes as they laid in silence. the only sound they could hear was each other's heartbeats in sync.