c h a p t e r 19

colson was picking casie up from school

   colson was picking casie up from school. she got sent home early because she was crying in the school bathroom.

casie was sitting in the back seat, quietly listening to the music that was playing from the radio. colson was worried for his daughter. he's never seen her like this.

"you wanna tell me what happened at school?" colson asked, trying to get his daughter to open up to him.

casie shook her head. colson felt as if he was losing the bond he had with casie, and that scared him. so instead of going home, they went to the mall.

"why are we here?" she asked, putting her mask on.

"since you're not happy, we gotta get you new stuff. it'll make you a lot happier and maybe you'll forget what happened at school." he said, holding her hand.

casie smiled and walked into the first store colson led her in. it was a shoe store and she automatically went over to the jordan's. colson walked around, occasionally looking over at casie.

"i found the shoes i want." she said, bringing them over to colson.

"do they fit?" he asked, taking them out of the box.

"yes!"

colson paid for the shoes and took her into the next store. it was a clothing store and casie immediately ran over to the sweatshirt isle.

colson watched from the cash register. he smiled as he watched his daughter pick some things out for herself.

she ran up to him and put them on the counter. colson paid and they left, heading to the car. casie got in the front this time, making colson smile a lot.

"i'm ready to tell you what happened at school today." she said, messing with her pants.

colson looked over at her and left the car off. he didn't start the car because he wanted casie to know she had his full attention.

"so, today school started good. i felt happy when i went to school. but there's this one girl that's always making fun of me because of who my dad is and she said you chose drugs over me. and so that's why i started crying and wanted to come home." she said.

"baby, i would never put anything before you, especially drugs. you're always gonna be my number one girl. i'm so sorry if i made you feel like you were unimportant to me. i love you so much casie." he said, holding her hands.

"i know. i love you too." she smiled.

"now, how about we go home and try on the clothes for allison."

   casie nodded and put her seatbelt on. colson turned the car on and started driving back to the house.

   pulling into the driveway, allison was waiting outside. casie ran over to her and gave her a big hug. colson grabbed the bags and walked over to the two of them.

   "go try your clothes on! i wanna see them on you." allison said, sitting down on the couch.

   "kk." casie said and ran upstairs.

   colson came over and sat next to allison. putting an arm around her, she laid onto him.

   casie came down and stood in front of colson and allison. allison clapped and colson smiled.

   "i'm gonna wear it to school tomorrow!" she said.

   "do it!" colson said, getting up to hug casie.

   "thank for all of the clothes dad." she said, hugging him tightly.

   "you're welcome."