c h a p t e r 6

allison bain sat in her car while parked in a mcdonald's parking lot

   allison bain sat in her car while parked in a mcdonald's parking lot. she haven't gone to nate's or had she gone back home. she just wanted some alone time.

she didn't know if she was being dramatic or not. allison was torn between going home or spending the night with nate.

colson had texted her telling her to come home and that the party was cancelled. allison felt bad because she felt like she was the cause of him cancelling the party.

she decided to go to devin's that night. her and colson needed some time apart. allison called him and he picked up instantly.

"hey girly." devin said in a girly voice.

allison laughed loudly, making devin laugh as well. devin always knew how to cheer allison up without even knowing he was making her happy.

"can i sleepover tonight? i don't wanna be with colson right now."

"yea. the front door's open." he said.

allison said bye and hung up. she drove to devin's house while listening to the radio. colson's song came up and she started tearing up.

she quickly changed the station and wiped her tears away. she didn't want to cry, she wanted to be happy tonight.

pulling into devin's driveway, she parked. devin ran outside as she was getting out and surprised her with a hug.

"holy shit! you scared me!" allison exclaimed, making devin laugh.

"that was the point dummy." he said and walked inside the house.

allison shook her head before following. she jumped onto his couch and nate scowled her.

"no! not the couch, it's brand new." he said, fixing the pillows.

"i'm so sorry." she said with sarcasm.

"you should be." he grabbed a bowl of fruit and carried it out, sitting on the couch by allison. "ok, now spill."

"spill what?" she asked, popping fruit into her mouth.

"what happened with colson?" he said.

"oh. well he was having a party tonight for the new release of his album and when he gets too drunk, he has sex with girls. well i didn't feel like being in the house while he was fucking some other girl so i just left." she rambled.

that made devin angry. he hated seeing allison in such a broken state. devin felt as if colson only used allison for sex and that she just was his toy he could
mess around with.

"allison, why do you put yourself through this? he's damaging you." devin said, getting a little angry.

"because i love him." was the only thing she said.

"but he hurts you!"

allison flinched and devin noticed. his eyes softened when he saw his best friend flinch. he pulled her into a hug and she hugged him back tightly.

"i'm sorry alli. i didn't mean to yell at you." he said, kissing the top of her head.

"it's ok, i'm not mad."

"let's what's a movie, ok?" devin got up and grabbed the case of movies.

she walked over to where he was and looked through the movies. grabbing tangled, she put it in and walked back to the couch.

"i knew you were going to pick that." devin laughed and walked over to where she was sitting.

the movie started and allison laid her head on his lap. they'd always watch tangled when they were little, the tradition had carried on since then.

   allison later fell asleep after the movie was over. devin put a blanket over her and fell asleep next to her.