c h a p t e r 20

allison bain sat by casie and colson

   allison bain sat by casie and colson. casie was doing her make-up work and colson was helping her. allison was scrolling her phone when she got a text.

devin 🥸: i want to introduce you to someone so come over soon 😎

allison got up and threw a coat on. colson watched her get ready to leave. putting her air forces on, she grabbing her keys and phone from the table.

"where are you going?" colson asked, walking over to her.

"devin wants to introduce me to someone. i think he's managed to get himself a girlfriend." she smirked, hugging his waist.

"hm, about time."

allison laughed and kissed his cheek. walking out to her car, she put her keys in the ignition and starting driving towards devin's house.

she turned the radio and colson's song, bloody valentine, began playing. recording the song, she sent it to colson and pulled into devin's driveway.

devin ran out and practically pulled allison out of her seat. she hugged him and noticed a woman standing on the porch.

"who's that?" she asked, pulling away from the hug.

"oh, that's brooke. brooke, come here!" he said.

brooke came down from the steps and walked over to the two of them. devin took her hand and allison smirked, looking at their hands.

"allison, this is brooke. my girlfriend." he said.

allison held her hand out and brooke looked at it. allison awkwardly pulled her hand away and looked down at her forces. brooke laughed and pulled allison into a hug.

"it's so nice to meet you!" brooke said after she pulled away.

"you too." allison said and shivered.

"oh, we should probably get inside. don't need alli dying from hypothermia." devin said,
grabbing brooke's hand and walking inside.

allison took her coat off and walked over to the couch. devin sat in the chair and brooke sat on his lap.

"so, how long have the two of you known each other?" allison asked, trying to start a conversation.

"about 2 months. we've been talking for about a month and then last week, he asked me out!" brooke said, kissing devin's cheek.

allison nodded her head and wiped her hands on her jeans. brooke looked at allison from the seat and noticed a scar on her hand.

"what's the from?" brooke asked, pointing at her hand.

allison looked at her hand and rubbed her thumb over it. she couldn't tell them it was from colson because devin would loose his shit. so she lied.

"oh, it was from my mom's dog. he scratched me while i was playing with him." she said.

brooke nodded and devin shook his head. allison knew what devin was thinking about but she didn't want to say the truth.

"i gotta go. i love you dev and it was so nice meeting you brooke." allison said and got up.

allison walked to her car and got in. she drove back to her house and walked inside, being jumped on by a puppy.

"what the- when did you get a puppy?" allison asked, obviously confused.

"well you see, it was running around the front of the house and i didn't want it to get hit by a car. so, we brought it inside. she's a good dog!" casie said, walking over to the animal to pet it.

allison looked at colson and he looked away, trying not to laugh. she walked over to him and flicked his head. colson squinted his eyes at her and poked her shoulder.

"abuse." was all she said and walked upstairs, leaving colson a laughing mess.