c h a p t e r 23

colson walked out of the studio, lightly pulling at his hair

   colson walked out of the studio, lightly pulling at his hair. his album was supposed to come out next week and he couldn't get the last song right.

no matter how many verses he changed, he still hated the song. he grabbed his phone from his pocket and dialed pete's phone number.

"what's good bro?" pete yelled through the phone.

"yo, can i come over? i need help with something." colson said, hopping into his car.

"of course! see ya in 10." he said and hung up.

colson began driving towards pete's house. he rolled the windows down because it was hot in his car.

pulling into pete's driveway, he turned his car off. he got out and walked over to the front door. pete opened the door and pulled colson in for a bro hug.

"come in." he said and colson walked into the house.

he sat down on the couch and pete grabbed them 2 white claws. colson took a sip of his drink and put it in between his legs.

"nice hickey." pete said, laughing at colson.

"my neck isn't as bad as alli's. she's covered in them." he smirked, making pete laugh harder.

"so, what's up?" pete asked.

"so like i have my album that's supposed to come out next week. but, i can't think of any good lyrics for the song. no matter how many times i change it, it doesn't scream me." he ranted, taking another sip of his drink.

"so you got writer's block basically." pete suggested and colson nodded.

pete rubbed the back of his neck as he thought of an idea. colson looked through his phone and got a text from casie's mom.

emma cannon: hey, so i'm wondering if you'll take casie tonight. i can't take her to my game because of limited capacity.

colson baker: yea, give me 5 minutes

"i gotta pick casie up. i'll think of something. love you bro." he said, making pete get up.

"call me if you need anything." pete said and watched colson walk out the door.

colson got into his car and backed out of the driveway. he pulled into the mcdonald's parking lot to meet emma there.

"hi dad!" casie said, running up to him.

"hello gorgeous." he said and casie got into his car.

emma got out of the car and said bye to casie. colson got into his car and waved at emma.

"i'm sad i don't get to watch mom's game." casie said from the back seat.

"i know. but hey, at least we get to spend the day together." he said.

casie nodded and sat quietly. colson turned up the music and casie nodded her head
to the beat.