c h a p t e r 15

colson baker slept bad that night

   colson baker slept bad that night. he kept having nightmares and they were all about allison leaving him. he woke up multiple times before giving up on sleep.

   he climbed out of bed and walked over to the window and opened it. gazing out into the empty streets, he took a deep breath in.

   after an hour of looking at the street, he climbed back into bed and pulled allison close to him.

   colson fell asleep for 2 hours before waking up again. getting out of bed once again, he went downstairs and grabbed something he shouldn't grab: adderall.

   he had previously been addicted to it and stopped with the help of allison. but, he felt like he was in a dark place and went back to it.

   he crushed it up into small pieces and snorted it, immediately feeling the high. smiling in content, he walked over to the couch and sat down.

   he was worried what allison would do if she found out he had been doing it again. but at that moment, he didn't care.

   colson later went upstairs to grab allison from the bed. he wanted nothing more than to have allison with him on the couch.

   picking her up, he carried her down to the couch. he laid her down on his chest and he eventually fell asleep holding her tightly.