c h a p t e r 11

colson baker stayed up all night laughing with megan over dumb stuff

colson baker stayed up all night laughing with megan over dumb stuff. he had carried allison to bed because she had fallen asleep.

   when colson walked down the stairs, megan was eating popcorn and watching the rest of the movie. he sat down beside her and rested his head on the back of the couch.

   "you ok?" megan asked, looking over at him.

   "yea, i'm good. just a little tired." he replied, closing his eyes.

   "oh, i can leave if you want."

   "no! no, you're fine."

   megan nodded and sat back. she looked over at him and noticed his facial expression. he didn't look relaxed. megan took the chance and put her hand on his thigh.

   "what are you doing?" colson said, opening his eyes.

   "trying to relax you?" she said, looking innocent.

   colson stood up and walked to the stairs. megan turned around and looked at colson, biting her lip.

   "i have a fiancé that i love very much." he said.

   "but you would always try to touch me. remember?"

   "yea but-"

   "no, you were still with allison whenever you would do that to me. fuck you colson." she said and grabbed her stuff.

   colson watched her walk out the door and he pulled at his hair. he walked to the kitchen and opened up a bottle of vodka and drank almost the whole bottle before allison pulled it away from him.

   "colson? what the hell are you doing?" she asked, grabbing him some water.

   "n-nothing." he slured, pulling allison into him.

   "colson, let's go to bed please."

   "no, i wanna stay h-here with you." he wrapped his arms tighter around the small girl.

   colson turned allison around to where she was facing him and kissed her softly. he just wanted her near him and didn't wanna let go.

   allison pulled away and colson rested his face in her neck. he didn't wanna move from the position they were in.

   the couple fell asleep on the floor that night. no blanket, no comfy chair. just the hardwood floor. but they didn't mind.