c h a p t e r 30

colson woke up the morning in a sad mood

colson woke up the morning in a sad mood. usually he'd talk to casie before she went to school. but since she was in the hospital, she couldn't do that. colson sighed as he looked over at allison. she was sound asleep, cuddled up to his side. he smiled and gently moved her so he could get up.

colson walked to the bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror. allison's engagement ring was sitting on the sink. he picked it up and kissed the ring, then slowly removed it from his pink lips. he walked over to his closet and grabbed some sweatpants so he wasn't walking around in his boxers.

when he left the bathroom, allison was up. she was on her phone. colson walked over to her and took the phone from her hands. "what are you-" she was interrupted by lips being placed on hers. she kissed back and colson laid her down on the bed. he pulled away and looked at her.

"i love you. so fucking much." the fragile boy said. "i love you, are you ok?" allison asked and picked her fiancé hand up to hold it in hers. colson nodded and buried his head in her neck.

"are you worried about casie?" colson nodded in response. allison frowned and rubbed his bare back. she felt wetness on her shoulder, meaning he was crying. "awh baby, she's gonna be ok. i promise."

colson just nodded and look up from her neck. he laid on her stomach and she ran her fingers through his hair. "can we go see her later today?" he asked. "yea, we'll go see her." allison said and colson closed his eyes.

colson ended up falling asleep. allison was stuck in her position for about 2 hours before he woke up. colson shuffled and looked up to see allison staring down at him. "you're probably uncomfortable." he said and got up off of allison.

"can we go now? i really need to see her." colson said and put his shoes on. allison nodded and stood up from the bed to get dressed. colson was waiting downstairs for her. "i'm ready." she said and they left the house.

arriving at the hospital, colson jumped out of the car as soon as allison parked it. walking into the building, he went towards the elevators. casie was eating soup that the nurse gave her. the young dad walked into the hospital room and casie smiled widely. "hi daddy!" casie said and hugged him when he got over to the bed. allison walked behind him and casie took her hand. "hi alli."

   allison waved and wrapped her free hand around casie's. "how are you feeling today?" she asked the little girl. "i'm ok, just a little sore." colson nodded and looked at his daughter.

the three spent the night at the hospital for the night. before they went to sleep, colson had gone to talk to emma, leaving casie and allison alone. "i miss you at the house." allison broke the silence. casie looked up from allison's lap and rubbed her eyes.

"i miss you guys. i wanna leave this place so bad." casie sighed and looked towards the window. "i know baby, you'll be home soon." allison said and hugged casie.

   colson came back after 30 minutes. he walked over to the bed and pulled a chair over. then, he grabbed another to make a bed out of. "me and allison will sleep here." he said and allison walked over to him. casie shook her head.

   "no, there's enough room in the bed for the 3 of us. look." she said and scooted over so she was in the middle. colson shrugged and got into the hospital bed, allison got in on the other side. "told you guys." the little girl said.

   colson wrapped his arm around casie and allison. casie fell asleep feeling happy that night. "she's coming home soon." allison whispered and got comfortable. "i hope so." colson whispered back and fell asleep.
________________________________