c h a p t e r 9

colson baker went to work the next day with a smile on his face

   colson baker went to work the next day with a smile on his face. he was recording a new song and it was special because he was gonna ask allison to be his lawfully wife.

it was a very exciting topic for colson. he'd always dreamed of getting married and now that can finally happen.

running into the studio, derek was there waiting for colson. he turned around in his chair and gave colson a disappointed look.

"you're late." he said.

"i know, and i'm sorry!" colson replied, putting noise cancelling headphones on.

   derek played the track and colson sang along to it, thinking of allison the whole time. the words come out as if he was saying them to her and not to the microphone.

   the track finished and colson took a little breather, grabbing a drink of water. derek was clapping from the other side and colson smiled.

   "do you think she'll like it?" colson asked, sitting next to derek.

  "oh she'll love it. good luck man." he replied and gave colson a high-five.

   colson left the studio and walked to his car, going to pick casie up. he had already talked to casie about making allison her stepmom but he didn't tell her when he was proposing.

   "hey darling." colson said as casie got into the car.

   "hi daddy." she said, buckling her seat belt.

   "so i have to talk to you about something." he said, waiting a little bit before continuing. "i'm proposing to allison tonight."

   casie didn't say anything, which made colson nervous. he hoped she wasn't upset with the decision.

   "really?" she eventually said, meeting his eyes in the rear view mirror.

   colson didn't say anything. he just nodded. casie's face lit up and she started smiling.

   "yay!" she said, smiling widely.

   "oh i'm so glad you're happy." he said and started driving to their shared house.

   it didn't take long before casie ran out of the car and into the house. colson smiled and followed her, meeting allison in the kitchen.

   allison turned around and gave him a kiss on the lips. casie hugged allison her from behind and allison was surprised from the amount of love she was getting.

   "you guys are loving today. what's going on?" allison asked.

   "oh nothing that important. we're just loving people." casie replied, hugging her tighter.

   allison shook her head and laughed to herself before going back to the stove. colson took casie's hand and led her to the office.

   "so here's what's gonna happen. she's making food and i'm gonna hand you this flower." he said, grabbing the flower and handing it to her.

   she nodded and took the flower from her dad. he then grabbed a bag and handed it casie.

   the bag had allison's favorite candle scent and perfume from bath and body works.

   "take this as well. i'll come out and follow behind you." he said, getting more excited.

   casie walked out of the office and into the kitchen. she gave the flowers and the bag.

   "what's this for?" colson heard allison ask.

   "i don't know." casie said, running out of the room.

   colson then walked into the kitchen to meet allison's confused face. he got down on one knee and allison covered her mouth.

   "allison bain, these 4 years have been the best years. i love you so much and i'm so glad that you've decided to stay even though i don't deserve it. we've been through so much and you always make a good outcome. thank you for being a great person for casie and for myself. will you please marry me and become
mrs.allison baker?"

"yes, oh my god yes!" she said and he slid the ring on her finger.

he stood up and hugged allison tight. casie got in the middle of them and hugged both of them. they couldn't wait for the future they were gonna have together.