c h a p t e r 1

walking hand in hand, colson baker and allison bain were on their way to the studio

walking hand in hand, colson baker and allison bain were on their way to the studio. colson had written a song for allison and wanted her to listen to it.

allison was excited. colson never allowed her to go to the studio with him for "personal" reasons. she was humming to herself lightly and thinking about the song.

   "we're here baby." colson said, opening the door and letting her go in first.

   she didn't know where to go because she had never been in the studio. colson laughed at he watched his girlfriend look around in awe. he took her hand in his and led her to the room.

   "wow." she whispered as they got to the room.

   there was so much equipment that she was scared to even step in the wrong spot. colson took her to the other side of the glass where she was gonna sit and listen. his producer was there, sitting at the volume area and drinking a cup of coffee.

   "what's up derek!" colson said, giving him a high-five.

   "not much man. how's casie?" he asked.

   "she's amazing. she just started her virtual school so she's happy." he said.

   allison watched her boyfriend as he talked. she always stated at him whenever he talked. the way his lips moved, the eye contact, his hand movements. everything about him was perfect.

   "i see you brought alli with you." derek said, waving towards her.

   she gave him a light smile and waved back, colson laughing to himself when he saw how awkward his girlfriend was.

   "are you excited to hear his song? he's been ready to show it to you ever since we finished it." he said, lightly nudging colson.

   "i'm excited to hear it. that's all he's been talking about." allison said with a smile.

   colson walked back to where the microphone was and derek played the track. listening to colson's voice was mesmerising to allison. she fell in love with it.

   she loved how concentrated he looked when recording. his eyes were closed, hands moving with every word, his feet lightly tapping. she smiled as she watched him.

when the song was over, she was smiling widely. colson opened his eyes and look at allison and smiled when he saw her reaction. he walked over to her and hugged her tightly.

"how'd you like the song?" he asked her, eagerly waiting for her response.

"i loved it! it was so amazing." she exclaimed, making him smile wider.

colson and derek bro hugged before leaving. he thanked derek and left with allison wrapped around his arm.