c h a p t e r 24

casie sat in her room, listening to her dad and allison fight once again

   casie sat in her room, listening to her dad and allison fight once again. this was the longest fight they'd ever been in. casie sat in her bed, tears falling as she heard every word.

   "no colson! you just don't understand. you say you're gonna change then you do the same shit once again. i'm fucking tired of it!" allison screamed.

   "no, you don't get to say that! i've tried changing my ways and you never give me any credit." he screamed back.

   "i do! i always say how proud i am of you! but you never listen to me about the good things i have to say about you."

   colson walked away from allison and walked over to the kitchen. grabbing a white claw from the fridge, he began chugging it.

   "now look at you, you're drinking this fight away! this is something we have to talk about!" allison grabbed the can from him and threw it away.

   colson punched the fridge, making allison jump. he looked at allison with pure hatred in his eyes.

   "you're right. i'm drinking this fight away. i'm sick and tired of your fucking voice and you always trying to keep me on check. well guess what, i'm a grown ass adult and i can do what i want. let me take care of MY life." colson screamed, slamming his fist onto the counter.

   a few minutes of silence went by. allison was staring at her engagement ring and colson was looked at the now dented fridge.

   "look at us. we're toxic for each other. we should never have met, never should've spoken." allison spoke up after a while.

   "but i love you and that's all that matters"

   colson looked over to her and noticed she was taking the ring off. he shook his head and pointed at her.

   "don't fucking take that ring off." he warned.

   allison looked at him and took her finger off of the ring. allison sighed and walked over to the front door.

"i think we need to be away from each other. for at least a week. i love you but if we want our relationship to work, we need to be away from each other.

colson nodded and walked over to her. he put his hand on the side of her cheek and kissed her lightly.

"just to get me through the week." he said.

allison nodded and walked out the door. colson watched as she pulled out of the driveway.

casie slowly walked down the stairs and colson noticed. he ran over to her and hugged her tightly. casie sniffed and colson hugged her tighter.

"i'm sorry you heard us fighting." he said and kissed her on the head.

"are you guys breaking up?" casie asked, messing with her shirt.

"no baby. we're just taking a 7 day break. everything will be ok."

at least, that's what he hoped.