{ Chapter Three }

Amanda didn't know if Olivia answering Elliot's phone changed her plans, so she just decided to move back to Manhattan at the end of the month as planned. She wanted Jenna to have a father, and the only way that she could have her biological father in her life was if they lived in New York and near him.

So a few days before the end of the month, Amanda packed up her babies and headed back up to Manhattan. She had to take many stops, so it ended up taking two days to drive there since her kids got fussy and she needed to sleep.

At around noon on the last day of January, Amanda pulled up to Elliot's apartment. She got her kids out and headed upstairs to Elliot's apartment.

"Who lives here, Mama?" Jimmy asked, as he held his mother's hand and climbed the stairs slowly beside her.

"Elliot does."

"Elliot?" Jimmy questioned, and Amanda nodded.

"Yeah, he's Jenna's Daddy." Amanda replied nervously.

"Oh. Where's my Daddy?" Jimmy asked, and Amanda frowned as they came to Elliot's floor and started down the hall.

"I don't know, Jimmy. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Mama." He replied plainly.

Jimmy was quiet for the rest of the walk, but then insisted on knocking on the door as loud and as hard as he could with his little fists.

"What the hell do you want?!" Elliot asked, as he slammed opened the door before freezing in his spot.

"Hey, El." Amanda breathed.

"What are you three doing here? You never called me to tell me you were heading up." Elliot spoke, as he quickly reached out and took Jenna into his arms. He held his daughter close and smiled when her eyes opened a bit and revealed an intense blue.

"I tried to call and tell you my plan... but then Olivia answered your cell. She blocked my number on your phone so I couldn't call you." Amanda frowned.

"What?" Elliot questioned. Amanda didn't get a chance to respond before Jimmy started to dance in his spot.

"Can we take this inside?" Amanda asked quickly, as she lifted her son up.

"Is he okay?"

"He's gotta use the bathroom."

"Oh yeah, of course. I've got Jenna. You get that little guy settled." Elliot replied, as he stepped back and let Amanda and Jimmy into the apartment. He gave them directions to the bathroom before looking down at his daughter.

He never did think he could love a baby from another woman as much as he loved Jenna. He may have only known about her for a little over a week, but he already felt the same amount of love for her as he did for the four other kids he had.

"You are so cute, Jenna... you kinda look like your brothers and sisters. Just as cute... but your eyes are so much more blue than their's... I guess that's because of your Mama." Elliot sighed softly.

///

Once Jimmy was done in the bathroom, he wanted to play. So Elliot showed him the toy box, and waited for Jimmy to start playing before he and Amanda started to talk.

"I can't believe that she blocked your number." Elliot frowned, as he scrolled through his phone once Amanda took Jenna back into her arms.

"She still doesn't want me here, huh?" Amanda asked softly.

"No, she doesn't. She's pissed off because I told her that I wanted to be a father to all five of my kids. I also told her that she had no right to keep me away from any of my kids."

"Has she even tried to forgive you yet?" Amanda mused, and Elliot shook his head.

"Do you really think that my bitter, grudge holding, gun wielding wife would honestly forgive me for cheating on her? Especially with you?" Elliot sighed.

"We didn't plan on sleeping together, El. We really didn't expect for a baby to come from one drunken night together. But it happened, and we can't go back now. I wouldn't change one of the many outcomes for anything in the world... I'm so thankful for Jenna. She's amazing."

"Do you think we are hiding our feelings?" Elliot questioned.

"Huh?"

"Do you think that maybe deep down... you and I have feelings for each other? And that's why we ended up sleeping together?"

"El, I don't know... I think you are attractive, but that doesn't mean I wanted to mount you." Amanda spoke softly as her cheeks grew red.

"I think you are attractive too... and I never thought about us sleeping together because you were my wife's best friend and I'm Jimmy's godfather."

"It's wrong for us to be discussing this. So, I think that I'm going to get going." Amanda frowned.

"I think that we might end up divorced. I can't be in a relationship where my wife is constantly attacking me. When she won't even give me a shot anymore... She said that she'd try to forgive me, but didn't even try. She just keeps making it seem like us sleeping together has been the cause of everything bad happening. Or even small things. Like, the other night she was making dinner and I was setting the table. One side of the chicken burned and she yelled at me and said it was because I slept with you, that she burnt the chicken."

"She's broken." 

"So am I at this point. Because I can only see my kids three times a week and I can't even put them to bed those three nights because she shoves me out the door after dinner."

"I'm so sorry, Elliot. I am. I told her to force all of this blame onto me."

Elliot shook his head as he reached out and gently ran his hand over Amanda's leg.

"You can't take all the blame for something that we did together."

Elliot locked eyes with Amanda and after a moment, Elliot leaned in and kissed Amanda's softly. Amanda didn't kiss him back, and leaned back slowly as tears welled in her eyes.

"Do you have the keys to my apartment? I need to get going." She sniffled.

"Mandy-"

"I'm done hurting her. And if I stay any longer, I bet that we will do something we will forever regret... again."