{ Chapter Twenty-Three }

"That I'll die? Dominick-"

"I was there when you almost died while pregnant with Jimmy. You were bleeding so much, and you looked like a fucking ghost. We almost lost you, but you got lucky. We didn't lose you or Jimmy, but what about next time? Maybe you will start bleeding at home or here, and we can't make it to the hospital. Then not only will I lose you, I'll lose our baby too. I'll be here alone with our two kids and I can't do that. So I think we are done discussing this."

"You honestly think we are done!?" Amanda spat.

"Amanda-"

"I know that you are scared that you will not only lose me but our kid if I get pregnant, but we can't be living our lives completely terrified of the what-ifs! Dominick, I want a baby!" Amanda cried. 

They fell into silence as Dominick sank down onto one of the bunks. He ran his hands over his face before hesitantly looking back at his wife.

"What if I never say yes?" Dominick breathed, as Amanda ran her hands over her pants.

"Then I don't know how long this marriage is going to last."

///

Amanda kicked Dominick out of their bedroom and refused to talk to him. She took care of the kids as best as she could without speaking to him, but it got hard. Especially as Jimmy's birthday approached.

"Hey." Dominick spoke as he opened the door to his former bedroom. He looked at his wife, but she didn't look at him or respond at all.

"Mandy, we need to talk. We have two days until Jimmy's birthday, and it's important that we decide what we are going to do. Because I really don't think that he will want to have a party where his parents aren't talking." Dominick frowned. Amanda hesitantly looked over at her husband before nodding slowly.

"Sure."

Dominick walked deeper into the room after shutting the door. He sank down onto the foot of the bed as he started to play with his wedding band.

"Should I attend the party or should I hide at Olivia's until the party is over with?" Dominick asked, and Amanda shrugged as she kept her eyes away from him.

"I don't know." Amanda replied quietly.

"You don't know? Amanda-"

"I'm angry with you, Dominick. I honestly think I will always be pissed off at you. So maybe you should decide whether you attend my son's birthday."

"Your son? I thought he was our son." Dominick huffed.

"We are barely married at this point, Dominick. Lay off." Amanda spat. She crossed her arms over her chest, and she resembled a pouting child.

"You can't force me to have a baby, Amanda."

"Yeah, well, you didn't let me help decide this all. You just decided that we wouldn't have anymore kids. You can't decide these things without me and expect me to just be okay with it!" Amanda growled.

"I was just looking out for you."

"You were just looking out for me? Dominick-"

"If you want to die, then I guess you can find yet ANOTHER guy to knock you up and his baby can take your life."

"Don't do that." Amanda whimpered.

"I'm sure that there is someone else out there that wants to sleep with you, especially since your legs are always open!" Dominick yelled.

Amanda swallowed hard as tears burned her eyes. She was beyond angry, but at this point she was used to it. She was used to the people in her life calling her a whore or implying it. And it wasn't different with her husband either. He felt the same way about her that Declan did.

"I think that it's time you leave, Carisi." Amanda whispered.

"Oh, you don't want to go and find some random guy to fuck?" Dominick laughed bitterly.

"Just go."

"No, how about you-"

"Then I'm taking the kids with me! And you can be a bitter asshole here and keep calling me names! Tell anyone that will listen that your soon to be ex wife has two kids by two different men! That her life is a fucking mess! That no one could ever love her, because she's a fucking slut!"

///

Elliot was just coming in from taking the trash out when he saw Amanda getting her sleeping kids into her van. Elliot watched her for a moment, before moving towards her house when he saw her putting suitcases into the back.

"Amanda? What's happening? Where are you going?" Elliot asked, and Amanda swallowed hard as shut the back of her van.

"I'm leaving him." Amanda spoke.

"What?" Elliot breathed.

"Don't worry, I'm staying in town so that Jenna and Jimmy can still be around you and Olivia. But I'm not staying with Dominick."

"Amanda, what happened tonight? I can talk to him."

"He went too far tonight. He... he said things about me that I'm very insecure about. About how my babies have two different fathers. How he said that my legs are always open, and he didn't say it, but I know he was trying his hardest to call me a slut and a whore without using those words. So I'm not going to deal with that anymore. I already hate myself enough as it is, but I refuse to be treated this way around my kids. So do you want Jenna tonight? Keep her for a few extra days?" Amanda rambled.

"Honey." Elliot frowned, but Amanda didn't want his pity.

"No, please. I can't do this. So do you want to keep Jenna for a few extra nights or not?" Amanda huffed.

"If it will help you out, then of course. I won't pass up on extra time with my daughter."

"Okay, then grab her bag and I'll grab her."

///

Elliot walked into his house with Jenna snuggled against him. She had barely woken up when he took her from Amanda, but she did wake up enough to hold on to her father and tell him that she loved him.

Olivia was just putting her phone down since she was confused why she couldn't find her husband, when Elliot walked into the house.

"Oh, my god. Why do you have Jenna?" Olivia asked rapidly.

"Amanda is leaving Dominick, and she asked if we wanted to take Jenna for a few extra nights while she finds a place for them to stay. So I said yes."

"Are they still fighting over not wanting another baby?" Olivia frowned, and Elliot shrugged.

"I'm assuming so. But Dominick also said some pretty nasty things to her."

"Like?"

"Slut shaming mostly."