{ Chapter Twenty-Seven }

Amanda had just gotten the kids onto the bus when her phone buzzed in her pocket. She pulled it out and stared at the message from Dominick. They hadn't talked in three months, so seeing his name pop up on her screen was a surprise.

"Hey!" Dominick exclaimed once Amanda called him.

"Why did you text me?" Amanda asked.

"I wanted to check in on you. Even if we are divorced, I still love and care about you." Dominick replied.

"Okay? But you haven't wanted to check on me in three months. You haven't even called to ask about the kids... so what is the real reason? Do you need money or something?" Amanda sighed.

"Amanda, I don't need money. I just really wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine, Dom. So if that is all, I really have to get ready for work." Amanda sighed. She went to hang up, but stopped when Dominick spoke again.

"Am I the father?"

"W-what?" Amanda whispered into the phone.

"Am I the father of the baby you are currently carrying?" Dominick huffed. Amanda felt tears burn her eyes as she slowly moved back towards her house.

"Does it matter to you? Especially since you didn't want a baby with me?"

"It does matter to me because you are carrying a baby that is mine. Don't you think that I will want to be there when it's born? Or help name it? Maybe raise it with you? Mandy, it's really bitchy for you to hide this from me for-"

"I just found out, Dominick! I'm fucking scared, and all you can do is call me names! I don't want you around, especially since seeing you break my heart! I fucking love you, but you didn't love me enough to stick around!" Amanda yelled into her phone, before hanging up quickly. 

She went inside as she blocked Dominick's number before breaking into sobs. Everything was too much for her, and the only thing she could do about it was cry. 

///

Amanda arrived at the precinct late. She ignored Cragen when he hounded her about her lateness, and she even blocked Olivia out when she tried to get Cragen to lay off. She wasn't in the mood to talk or get yelled at, so she just pretended like no one else was around. She had paperwork to do, so she planned on focusing on that until something else comes into play.

The something else ended up being Dominick. He came rushing into the squadroom, before stopping and looking for Amanda.

"Rollins!" He yelled, and Amanda shook in her spot. She slowly capped her pen before standing and looking at her ex.

"Go away." 

"You hung up on me? Did you block my number, because all of my texts kept bouncing back! I am just as involved in this fucking pregnancy as you are!"

"Pregnancy?" Cragen asked, as he left his office. He had heard yelling, but he didn't expect to hear what was being yelled.

"Thanks a lot, Carisi. You just keep becoming a bigger ass as the days go by." Amanda whimpered. 

"I think that the three of us should talk." Cragen sighed. Amanda shook her head as she turned and looked at her boss.

"I'm not talking to you about my third unplanned pregnancy. I am also not talking to you, Dominick, especially since you cannot be nice about this at all. I am scared to death already, and I don't need you to make things harder. So everyone, even Olivia... stay the fuck away from me." Amanda huffed. She gathered her items before shoving Dominick out of her way. She walked out of the squadroom and took the stairs quickly.

When she made it to the lobby, her arm was grabbed and Amanda had to stop herself from punching whoever was touching her.

"Drop my arm." She growled.

"It's my fault that he knows. I'm so sorry. I tried to get him to forget about it, but once the bell is rung, you really can't take it back." Elliot spoke. Amanda turned and looked at him as tears poured down her cheeks.

"I told Olivia to not tell you. It was a mistake to tell her. It was a mistake to marry Dominick and get knocked up by him. Everything in my life is a mistake, and it just keeps getting worse. So please, drop my arm and back up. Before I punch you..."

"Amanda, please don't-"

"I'm not going to run! Stop assuming that I will run no matter what! Just leave me alone, Elliot!"

///

Amanda was beyond stressed out, but she kept her pain and anxiety at ease after she picked her kids up early from school. She took them out for lunch, to the park, and then home for naps. She was just going to lay down on the couch for her own nap, when her doorbell was ringing. She hesitantly walked to the door before unlocking it and opening it.

"I got you an appointment with my doctor. The same one that took care of me when I was pregnant with all of my kids." Olivia spoke.

"You told Elliot that I'm pregnant. You told him, and he told Dominick... and then Dominick told our boss. No one but me and you were supposed to know. Now, like everyone in our precinct, knows that I'm pregnant. So, thanks a lot." Amanda huffed.

"Honey, I'm sorry. It's just that-"

"No! Elliot shouldn't have found out! I would have told him once I figured things out! When I could have gone and talked to Dominick myself! He thinks that I'm hiding things from him, but I didn't even know that I was pregnant until yesterday. I'm not trying to be a bitch, but that doesn't stop Dominick from calling me one."

"You aren't a bitch, Amanda. Things are just getting complicated."

"My whole life is complicated. So I need to get some sleep. The kids are upstairs, so they don't need help off the bus. Bye." Amanda frowned, before going to shut the door in her friend's face.

"Your appointment is in a half hour. I'll stay with the kids, but only as long as you can get this pregnancy confirmed and find out if the baby is okay."