{ Chapter Fifteen }

"I'm not hurting Jimmy just because I wanna! I'm not trying to hurt him at all! I'm trying to protect him from Kim and my mother, because they both are crazy!" Amanda cried, as she tried her hardest to not scream at or hit Declan.

"Jimmy doesn't need you to protect him, Amanda!" Declan yelled.

"HE'S THREE, DECLAN! SOMEONE HAS TO PROTECT HIM!" Amanda screamed, before raking her fingers through her hair as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Amanda, I won't hurt him. I love him-"

"If you love him, then why did you disappear for weeks?! Why did you pick the person that you watched hurt me over and over again... over our child? Declan, I have to protect our child because you won't." Amanda whimpered, before wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"I'm not hurting him, Mandy. You are... so I think it's time to let Jimmy pick who he wants. Me or you." Declan sighed, before shutting the door on Amanda. She stumbled back and her back hit the wall on the other side of the hall.

She started to breathe heavily as she grew worried about losing her son. Jimmy was the first person she had loved completely, and who had loved her too. But now he hates her, and if he got the chance to pick between his parents, he'd pick Declan in a heartbeat.

///

Amanda lied to her boyfriend and told him that Declan hadn't been at his apartment, so they didn't talk anymore about it. Fall quickly morphed into winter and Declan continued to live his life with Kim. Jimmy slowly forgot about his father, but that changed when Declan got a lawyer and asked for Jimmy to pick who he wanted to live with.

"I hate this." Amanda frowned as she got ready for the court session. It wasn't going to be a full on court session, but a mediator was going to sit in with the judge and would help decide who got custody of Jimmy, and how much custody they would get.

"Babe, everything will be okay." Dominick replied.

"Jimmy is going to pick Declan if he gets a say. He may not hate me anymore, but he still wants a father that is his and only his." Amanda sighed.

"Jimmy is really enjoying what family we have made together. He likes that we are engaged and planning a wedding. He really likes the idea of us moving so he can be closer to his cousins." Dominick smiled as he moved behind his fiancee. He wrapped his arms around her waist before pulling her flush against his body.

"Did Cragen call you in today?" Amanda whispered, since she thought that Dominick was trying to butter her up by holding her and kissing her.

"He did... but it's only because Olivia and Elliot were called in by Trevor to talk on your behalf... I'll come in if they need me too. So just keep your head up and stay strong. We love you... all of us, even Jimmy." Dominick breathed, before turning Amanda around. He stole a few soft kisses from her lips before hugging her tightly.

"I just need to get through today, and hopefully there will be no more custody hearings and fights because you and I will never break up." Amanda grumbled.

"Oh, you think so?" Dominick teased.

"You won't get out of this relationship easily, Carisi."

///

Amanda sat in the conference room and kept her eyes glued to her hands. She played with her engagement right, or kept her eyes down while playing with the locket she had on. She didn't want to look at anyone and have them notice that she was upset and nervous. That she was also scared to death that her son would pick his father over her.

"We will be starting shortly. The only ones that we are allowing in here are Ms. Rollins and Mr. Murphy. Any family members or character witnesses will be asked to sit outside of this room and wait to be called. There will be no talking from Mr. Murphy and Ms. Rollins unless they are asked a question, and their lawyers will do all the other talking. Do you all understand?" The judge's assistant spoke as she stood at the end of the large table and looked over everyone.

"I will relay this all to my client." Declan's lawyer, Marie, spoke as she stood.

"Why is your client late?" Trevor sighed.

"He was held up on a personal matter, but he is on his way now." She smiled as she sat down and started to go through her paperwork.

"This is so typical of him..." Amanda whispered, as she finally looked up from the table and turned to her lawyer. Trevor owed Olivia and Elliot a favor, so they used that to make sure Amanda had a good lawyer since many were too expensive for an unmarried detective who has two young kids.

"Being late?" Trevor asked, and Amanda nodded.

"And always having something more important than Jimmy to think about. First it was his job, then Kim, and now whatever this is." Amanda frowned.

"We can totally use that, trust me. Now, just relax. We will start soon and everything will be resolved in a matter of days."

"D-days?" Amanda whimpered.

"Sorry we are late, but we are here now." Declan spoke loudly as he ushered Kim into the room. 

"Declan, Kim has to sit outside until she is called." Marie spoke, but Declan just shook his head as he held up his hand.

"They can't force my wife to sit outside. This is a matter between my family, and Amanda." Declan grinned. 

Amanda's face lost all of its color, and her chest tightened.

"Wow." Trevor sighed.

"This isn't fair." Amanda whimpered.

"Declan, the judge set up her rules and we aren't going to break them. So wife or not-" Marie started, but Kim interrupted her.

"I'm not leaving, honey. Declan needs my support, and he really hates being away from me and our baby. Did you hear that, Mandy? I'm better than you because I'm married and having a kid with my husband." Kim grinned as Amanda started to panic.